MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-17-2003, 12:53 AM   #1
Simi Stang

Default anti roll bar

Does anyone one run an anti roll bar on their '87-'93 stangs? I was wondering if it would help me run straighter down the 1/4 mile? They look relatively simple & I was thinking of fabricating my own. Does anyone have a picture of how the roll bar mounts to the rearend? I've yet to see one.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:56 AM   #2
Technick
Registered Member

A rear antiroll bar does help some cars leave straighter in a 1/4 run. Some racers use them as a tuning device. As far as making your own? Not unless you know how to work with spring steel! A anti-roll bar is not just made out of bar stock, it could not take the twisting action at all and would break on the first hard corner you made.