View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 11:55 PM   #17
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

thanks for the tips

the specs you mentioned are close to an e cams specs(w/1.7 rockers) ......i've been debating using an e cam but ,....since i'm running speed density efi its a little trickier for tuning on a daily driver

i was thinking along the lines of flat tops too ,i was hoping bring a flat top closer to the deck to bump my compression up to around 10-1 .....right now i'm running stock heads with a mild port job and .020 milled off em witch should have it around 9.3- 1.......

i'm probly going to go to a 306 so i'll probly have to buy pistons (engines got over 200k on the clock)............what i might do now is buy flat tops with no reliefes and a higher deck clearance then have my engine builder do the reliefes (at a minimum needed tolerance)and talk to him about smoothing out the sharp edges a little

ps..... i do have plans for lower gears but i'm not going real low (3.27s)cause i want the car to maintian good highway cruising ability.......thats why i'm interested in torgue and bumping my compression up a bit

thanks for the input .....been interesting reading (even for us 13sec guys )
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote