View Single Post
Old 11-11-2002, 06:45 PM   #17
jim_howard_pdx
Registered Member

Cool

Those chevy guys are losers.

When we beat them, they always have an excuse and eventually fall back to the..."but you used this chevy part or chevy idea to beat me"...

Powerglides make for awesome and consistent bracket trannies.

LOL, just tell your chevy pals that a well prepared powerglide has NO chevy parts left in it. Nowadays, even the case and control valve are aftermarket pieces.

Man I love your engine... The extra .2 deck height would not really give you enough room for a meaningful road stretch. Your rod to stroke ratio would go from 1.58 to 1.59.

I will share one thing with you Kevin, You should consider running a 3.25 inch stroke with a 6.75 inch rod for a 2.077 rod ratio 329 cubic inch engine.

With your heads and NOS, and the less weight your car can run using the smaller cubic inches, you should be capable of running all the way down to 8.2's or 8.3's.

Just because you don't see a bunch of guys doing this doesn't mean it won't work.

Most speed shops see increased displacement as the way to gain torque, but the strokers end up with these low rod ratio's like yours and then your torque range is short and with a tight peak. Then you have to add weight to the cars to compensate for the higher cubic inches in your brackets.

So a 2.077 rod ratio 329 allows you to build more torque, wider torque, and cut the weight down on your vehicle. This makes for a screaming ride! And a Chevy block will not allow this type of long rod ratio, so you can win your bracket year after year after year.....

Just some food for thought....

I just want to know what Erik4 Nitrous is doing to hit 7.5 ET's. He is going to need a pro-stock chassis to run with this monster. I think he said the engine has dyno'd at 1100 HP. TOO MUCH!!!!....I gotta get one of these.....