MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-09-2003, 09:04 PM   #1
Tikitoes
Registered Member

Post Starting out

I am 16 years old and i just got a 2001 mustang GT. everything is stock and i want to do some modifications and if i could get some suggestions of what to do first to get the most horsepower increase that would be great.

Jeff
Tikitoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 10:05 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Step one: Read the Modular Madness Forum FAQ....
Step two: Ask the obligatory 3.73 or 4.10 question, we KNOW its coming... (Do a search on that thread.... you'll see TONS of opinions)

Just giving a newbie some lumps....
Seriously, Welcome aboard!

Read the FAQ and see what questions pop up in your head...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 10:15 PM   #3
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

since you are only 16 i highly recommend learning how to control the power you already have first before adding more power to your stang they can be finicky especialy in the rain. please don`t take this as critisism just being 16 i think you might need some driving experiance first after that more than glad to help out. and by the way welcome aboard and great choice in cars.
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 01:53 PM   #4
surfbeast
Registered Member

The most common Mods are of course, Exhaust, Pullies, Gears, MAF, Chip etc.. Not all in that order, but those are the most common. Don't be fooled by the adds in the mags with there: ADDS 20 - 30 HP ! ! That is a bunch of bull. Read the FAQ and the forum and take it slow and easy. Ask lots of GOOD questions that arn't on the FAQ and you will learn a lot. DO NOT get the chrome cold air kit unless you only want looks. You will not get 20HP out of it and will mess with any upgrade like MAF, TB, Supercharger etc.. Stick with the advice of the board and it's knowledgable members.

Welcome aboard!