MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 10:23 PM   #1
PonyXpress
Registered Member

Default Stay away from Superior Radiator of MI. Ebay name DISSRAD

I gotta tell you guys about the experience with this sorry excuse for a company. I bought an aluminum radiator for my 5.0, I won this auction on 10/20/06 and paid for my item
immediately. After 10 days no contact from seller and no item received yet, so I sent seller an email on 10/30/06 just asking if item shipped and if so if he had a tracking #, this mail was ignored, I sent a follow-up email on 11/01/06 and still no reply so I requested seller's contact info from E-bay and called him directly, he said he shipped item and he had
to call UPS to see what was going on and he'd call me back in 15 or 20 minutes (gave him my cell #)..5 hours later still no call so I called back and he lied and said he had called me and left a message (my phone never rang, no missed calls, no messages). He said the zip code was screwed upon the package and UPS was holding it and that he straightened it out and I'd have it by Wednesday...this apprarently was a lie too since Wed came and no package then Thurs or Fri I get an automated email from him saying my item has shipped! So I finally received package 11/13/06, 3 1/2 weeks after I won the auction so I leave him negative feedback which he deserved and stated all factual data in the feedback....seller then leaves ME negative feedback saying "Watch out for this one!!". He was just mad he got negative feedback (which he deserved) and now is trying to ruin my reputation in retaliation! Now is this a way to run a company??? With a person that will lie to you and ignore your requests for infomation I really question how good the radiator is too!! If you lack that much integrity, honesty, and maturity...what kind of product do you think he makes??? Stay far away from Superior Radiator, 195 Grand Ave, Mount Clemens MI 48043 phone # 586-463-8722 E-bay name is DISSRAD and real name Werner Thurman

Buy a raidiator from someone that demonstrates professionalism and integrity
PonyXpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:19 AM   #2
tmoss
Registered Member

Default Re: Stay away from Superior Radiator of MI. Ebay name DISSRAD

caveat emptor - ebay is FULL of shysters.......... and if you think that their "policies, procedures and protection" will ensure you don't get screwed for one second - you're VERY nieve...........
88Gt 5spd Vert, FLowmaster Catbacks, stock cam advanced 4° @ 108.5° ICL, NMRA prepped GT40P heads 1.85/1.55 valves and 1.7 rockers, MAC P headers Jet-Hot coated, 97 Exlporer intake (ported lower), TB and injectors. 277RWHP/330RWTQ (SAE).

http://www.fastlanecars.com/
tmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #3
nitrostreet
Registered Member

Did you ever think about what might have happened from the sellers viewpoint?
I went to look at your EBAY transaction with this person and he has had 1380 positive feedback scores, with only 2 negative feedbacks. This kinda tells me that he is most likely a very professional seller.
Owning a small business myself I'll bet UPS told him everything was OK and it would be there by Wednesday, and most of the time UPS is very reliable, but this time it wasn't (It's happened to me). So chances are he took another radiator out of his stock and shipped it to you, hoping to straighten out the UPS thing on his first radiator later.
As far as him not responding to emails I don't know what the deal was with him, but I once purchased something on EBAY from a company like you did and I tried to contact the seller for 2 weeks about it with no responce, so finally after I got completely pissed off about it and got his contact information and called; the guy was in an ATV accident and not expected to live. No one else in his small company knew how to run the EBAY thing, either. But he did recover and called me back about a week later (from his hospital bed) and apologized and said he would get it to me ASAP. (His company sent it Next Day Air)
Usually on a thing like you experienced I would just not leave any feedback at all, rather than leave negative unless it's a clear that the guy was out to screw me.
That guy might have tried his hardest to straighten this out, but you left him negative feedback anyway. (I would have probably done the same thing by leaving you negative feedback in responce)
Pat www.nitrostreet.com
nitrostreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:05 PM   #4
tmoss
Registered Member

yeah, I bought an intake from a guy who did not repsond for 3 weeks. turns out he was in JAIL and I never saw the intake either. Two of us left him negative feedback. I tried to use the "Paypal Buyer PRotection" scam too - never got a dime back. So much for that scam too.
88Gt 5spd Vert, FLowmaster Catbacks, stock cam advanced 4° @ 108.5° ICL, NMRA prepped GT40P heads 1.85/1.55 valves and 1.7 rockers, MAC P headers Jet-Hot coated, 97 Exlporer intake (ported lower), TB and injectors. 277RWHP/330RWTQ (SAE).

Old 12-04-2006, 01:51 AM   #5
rwhite65
Ride Hard

I guess I have been very lucky when it comes to Ebay. But then again, I rarely purchase items that are very expensive. Leaving negative feedback almost guarantees receiving negative from them also. Next time, if you don’t want the negative feedback on you, just don’t leave him any at all as previously mentioned.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:45 AM   #6
nitrostreet
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoss
yeah, I bought an intake from a guy who did not repsond for 3 weeks. turns out he was in JAIL and I never saw the intake either. Two of us left him negative feedback. I tried to use the "Paypal Buyer PRotection" scam too - never got a dime back. So much for that scam too.
I've had pretty good luck with EBAY, The only time I got scammed was once I was over at my wife's niece's and she wanted a CD on EBAY. Since I was at their house I just logged on through their computer and bought it. I sent a money order on the way home to this person because she didn't accept PayPal. After I got home I looked a little more closely at the person I bought it from and this person had zero feedback and had just opened her account that week. After searching some more I found out that she had sold about $900.00 worth of This CD's I bought (Using the same EBAY ad) to 18 people.
I knew I was in trouble then, and I kicked myself for not taking the time to look at feedback before bidding.
My lesson was always check feedback BEFORE bidding
And The EBAY buyer protection plan isn't much better than the PayPal, I never got a dime back.
Pat www.nitrostreet.com
nitrostreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I got ripped off on a cowl hood and an intake manifold and Paypal promptly refunded my money both times.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #8
tmoss
Registered Member

lucky you............are you the exception or the rule?