View Single Post
Old 06-21-2001, 11:35 PM   #13
juiceman
Registered Member

hey vande97, put the best you can afford in those heads. with some basic porting and a good set of back cut valves you will get good flow. remember, heads are as good as the parts in them.
rick, i understand your points, and in theory they sound good. but in the real world it never works out. first off, iron will make more power than aluminum. as for more timing, not really. and more timing doesnt make you faster. it can make you slower. as for 50 lbs being alot at the track, well thats a matter of opinion. if .03 is alot to you then ok. and flow #'s, well ill give you this. yes it takes alot to make stock heads flow as good as most aluminums out of the box but it can and has been done. ive had stock heads flow 200 cfm. just like tfs and those others. but what makes you believe you need that much flow? do you know how much air a 302 cylinder needs? heres some theory, a 347 requires 267 cfm's of air to make 550 hp. so how much do you think a 300 hp 302 needs?
i dont guess at this. i do it. i see you have thousands of dollars in your motor already and you only go 12's. im not knocking you, 12's is fast but you didnt need to spend that much.
juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote