MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-12-2004, 09:24 AM   #1
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default stocks springs vs. lowering springs

I got 120k on my stock springs. i'm going to change the shocks/struts but I'm still undecided on the springs. My stock springs might be a little worn, but not sure, I know they didn't take a lot of abuse, no track time, etc. I figured I don't want to go too low, so I was looking at the FMS B springs that drop I think 7/8" in front, 1/2" rear:

positives: "better" handling
lowered look
negatives: bottoming out on potholes, driveways, etc.
alignment issues
change suspension geometry
tire wear

I don't have the loot to spend on CC plates AND new spings either. this is a daily driver and i don't think FMS springs will help me in the occasional street race at all. NYC roads sucks, i've scraped the pavement with my stock springs! is the "better" handling really worth all of those negatives????

and would strange adjustable or tokico blue shocks/struts work well with stock springs? thanks.
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 07:08 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Save your money for a nice adjustable coil over set-up. That way you could go as high or as low as you wanted to.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote