MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-14-2002, 01:25 PM   #1
RMARIANI
Registered Member

Default Strange Repair Question

My friend bought an '89 GT with "frame damage" for parts. His plan was to swap the usable parts to an '86 GT. Well his body guy told him the damage was repairable. I haven't looked under the car, but the way he described it, the locations where the rear control arms connect to the body where cracked. I'm not sure if they are all cracked or just one or two. His body guy told him he could replace that area with a weld in piece to restore the mounting locations for the control arms. What do you think??
RMARIANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 03:40 PM   #2
Coupe Devil

Do you know if the car had been or is wrecked. Sounds like to me from your description that your frined may have possibly bought a car with just some cracked torque boxes. If so, he may have gotten a great deal on a good car. Its a pain but if the rest of the car is worth it fix that with some battle boxes and some upper torque box reinforcement and drive it. If not junk it but it sounds to me thats the problem.. Just my opinion though.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote