View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
CJWAZZ
Registered Member

Default Stroker Kit/General Engine Suggestions

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and had a few questions on a project I want to get into. I've had a stock '90 Mustang for about 9 years and recently had a transmission failure with my T5, so I pulled it out and rebuilt it. I've got another car that I drive most of the time so I figured now would be a good time to do some engine work as well, it's not busted yet but it's got about 180,000 miles and getting pretty tired, leaking/burning oil, etc.

I'm not looking to make any crazy power and I'm sure simply rebuilding it all stock would povide more power than I've ever had in the thing, but I'd like to ask you all for any suggestions on what you'd do for a modest power increase. I've seen that many stroker kits are available and I'm wondering: 1, if this would be a good idea with a block this old, 2, are all of similar quality (assuming I buy from one of the reputable dealers out there), 3, other than having the block machined to match, what other modifications and/or upgrades are needed to get the most out of the kit. This is really just a project that I'm doing for the fun of it and I'd be perfectly happy if the thing is making 250-300 hp some day. Any input is appreciated, thanks.
CJWAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote