MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2001, 12:06 PM   #1
QUIN
Registered Member

Post OIL IN INTAKE almost sure from 'pcv'

whats up all? sorry for my hybernation but that happens in the winter sometimes!! ha ha. plus i lost my computer access when my company was shut down. but there is life w\o internet i had to remind myself!! j\k.
ok,
HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN HELP!
for those who know me, this problem occured before my engine rebuild, and after. i put on an edelbrock intake and a mass air conversion last spring and when we rebuilt the motor last fall i found i had oil in my intake puddling around the front. figured after everthing it would go away. well, i moved to columbus and got situated and took the front cover off my intake (love them edelbrocks!) and sure enought the oil was puddling again. after taking the hoses off and inspecting and also realizing there was none in the throttle body area i determined it had to be coming from the pcv. of course, "HAD" is a strong word. but it really appears that is where its entering the intake is threw the two openings that the pcv (or is it pvc? can never remember that) hose connects to on the intake. im not trying to be technical with my vocabulary as you can surely tell!!
anyway, its a new valve and i wondered if anyone knows anything or has run into this in the past that could help me before i start replacing new parts for possibly no reason at all. it is rather cheap thank goodness compared to some things!
by the way, the grommet is installed properly on the intake. i checked that during the engine rebuild.
thanx for any help or info.

by the way, for those who know me, (if any still here) i assume you are. girlfriend and i totalled her car in december. left than right on the highway and head on into the guard rail. air bags deployed and nobody was hurt bad, but scared really good! not to bring up anything, but it must of looked a lot like Dales wreck. it was a tiburon we were in, (korean krap) (not trying to flame, just opinion) and the good news is that she now has a caddilac, thanx to her ,,,,, man. hee hee.
couldnt handle the mustangs insurance, but she will get one in time. we were looking at a 99 six cylinder and i thought id rather get her and older 5.0 than spend so much on a six when the caddy was sitting next to it for the same price.
sorry for the ranting. been gone for a while.
any help would be great!!!!
also, i only get on the net at the library and my dads currently so i might not get back for a couple days.
thanx all.
Q

------------------
Quin, 87 GT,306,forged pistons,edelbrock head\intak,steeda#18cam,1.7rr,MSD Blaster tfi coil,A9L,pro-m75mm,24#inj,accufab65mm,2.5"pipes,hooker headers,dynomax exhaust,3.73 gr,110 lph fp,180*therm,moroso cold air,ASP pullies, welds

The beast has awoken!

I see your shwartz is as big as mine, now lets see how well you handle it!
QUIN is offline   Reply With Quote