MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Windsor Power (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Which Subframes to get? Maximum Motorsports? or other? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=24582)

MTU 50 06-02-2002 01:36 PM

Which Subframes to get? Maximum Motorsports? or other?

I'm thinking of getting maximum motorsports full length subframe connectors. Anyone have them. I'm pretty sure I want boxed ones and not the tube steel kind.

I'm going to have a shop weld them in. I already know the car has to be supported by the wheels and I need to spraypaint the subs afterward, but any other tips are welcomed.

929PhoenixSquid 06-02-2002 08:53 PM

I'm thinking of going with Steeda......not sure if they are the best, just personal preference.

PONYONE 06-02-2002 10:18 PM

Re: Which Subframes to get? Maximum Motorsports? or other?

Quote:

Originally posted by MTU 50
I'm thinking of getting maximum motorsports full length subframe connectors. Anyone have them. I'm pretty sure I want boxed ones and not the tube steel kind.

I'm going to have a shop weld them in. I already know the car has to be supported by the wheels and I need to spraypaint the subs afterward, but any other tips are welcomed.

Whatever type you go with just make sure you have them welded in and not bolt in. There bullshit ..............

cyberstang5.0 06-03-2002 07:09 AM

I have Steeda ones with the seat supports. They are tublar. They can either be bolted up or welded but I went and welded them. Much stonger ;) I noticed an improvement in my chasis felx. They are pretty good... I'm happy with them :cool:

MidNiteBlu 5.0 06-03-2002 10:09 AM

I know JBA out here (5 minutes from my house) highly recommends Maximum Motorsports. Eventually I want to buy there package with the Full length subs, strut tower brace, and g-load brace. Steeda is an excellent company too though.

Later,
Nick

jrgoffin 06-03-2002 09:56 PM

The Max Motorsports subframes are about the best out there in my opinion. I have had the stndard length version since the car was new and especially like the fact that they are contoured to the floor pan. The full-lengths are even better but much more involved to weld on. Do yourself a favor though and don't just paint them - put a good coating on them like POR-15. The paint will be gone quick and they will rust!

MTU 50, by the way, where are you in SCS? I'm down off Harper S. of 9 mile! Hope I can drive mine through the Shores whenever I'm done rebuilding it!

greydan 06-03-2002 10:19 PM

sub-frames

HI,
I'm In Clawson..
Where did you get your sub-frames welded on?
I've talked to a couple of body shops and they don't want to mess with them..

DemonGT 06-04-2002 12:03 AM

my kenny brown subs are zinc plated i think...do i still paint them?

fiveohpatrol 06-04-2002 05:40 PM

DemonGT, you'll want to just spray some paint on the ends around the welds.

I have the kenny brown subframes as well and they are very nice pieces (its also nice just driving 25minutes to get to his shop to pick them up too:) )

Spenc2u 06-04-2002 09:50 PM

I put in the MM full lengths... welded the hell out of them.. car's stiffer than shyt now... got the strut tower brace and 4pt roll bar in... car's tight!

would recommend the MM full lengths to anyone.. just paint the welds!

DRASTiK 06-05-2002 01:06 AM

I just got back from dropping the car off to have my MM full lengths with seat braces welded on. I'll take it to the track on Sat, and give my opinions when I get back.

929PhoenixSquid 06-05-2002 01:12 AM

Kwik question:

If you'all don't mind....I have a quick question for you guys.

If you choose to go with Maximum Motorsports for the subframe connectors, is it okay to go with Steeda sway bars and upper/lower control arms or should you match ALL of your suspension modifications to only ONE name brand?

In short, is it okay to mix and match companies for your subframes, sway bars, control arms, braces, and springs?

USMC302 06-05-2002 02:10 PM

iT IS OK, BUT ALL COMPANIES RECOMMEND STAYING CONSISTANT WITH THERE PRODUCT FOR OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE. Some companies purposely build products to only interact with there company. I have mixed for year with no problems. I do however have a full BBK suspension with exeption of SSM lift bars. and Lakewood drag shocks...oh, I have the BBK subframes welded in, I like it alot along with the Strut tower bar.

DemonGT 06-05-2002 10:50 PM

when i have the subs installed are they going to know how to do it or what?? i mean all im going to do is give them the subs and be like.."yea..can you weld these on"

fiveohpatrol 06-05-2002 11:48 PM

i just took my car up to a muffler shop, and showed them what i had, then said where it needed welding, and they did it in like 5 minutes for $10

drudis 06-06-2002 09:49 AM

I personally went with the Kenny Brown (YEARS ago)...

Many photos:
http://www.dariusrudis.com/mustang/alternativeauto/

DRASTiK 06-06-2002 10:26 AM

Well I got my car back last night and I have to say that the difference is amazing. My car drives better with less squeaks and rattles, it corners better. This is definately a MUST modification. I don't see why Ford didn't do this at the factory.

As far as the question that DemonGT asked:
I brought my MM full length subframe connectors with seat braces to Nick at Manning Motorsports and he had never seen this kind before. it's part number MMFL-1 at www.maximummotorsports.com. Just look in the online catalog and you'll see them. Therefore he had to kinda figure it out, and he did a good job.

MTU 50 06-07-2002 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jrgoffin

MTU 50, by the way, where are you in SCS? I'm down off Harper S. of 9 mile! Hope I can drive mine through the Shores whenever I'm done rebuilding it!

I'm at 11 and Jefferson. Well, I would be if I was home for the summer.

I decided to stay up at Michigan Tech for the summer, so I am about 550 miles away from good ole' SCS right now.