MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-28-2006, 06:43 PM   #1
redsn95vert
Registered Member

Default summit private label parts?

I just ordered a Summit 155lph fuel pump and their upper and lower rear control arms, and was woundering if anyone has had any success or problems with the Summit private label parts. For the price it looks like you can't beat them.....
95 GT convertable, ported+polished GT40 heads, port matched upper and lower Cobra intake manifold, Flowthech headers, Catco hi-flow h-pipe with 2 hi-flow cats, Mac true fit catback exhaust, 3.73 gears, underdrive pullies, Edelbrock 70mm throttle body, Mac cold air intake, FMS 24lb injectors, Granatelli 75mm mass air
redsn95vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Default Re: summit private label parts?

I have not ordered any store brand parts. My bet is that Summit would not risk their credibility by offering poor quality store brand parts. Are they equal to top quality name brand parts? Most likely not, IMHO. My thought is you will probably get what you pay for. Since my time and effort are worth something to me, I do order the best name brand parts and pay something extra for them. I don't want to do it twice if I can help it.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:24 AM   #3
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

I've NEVER had any problems with any Summit "brand" items, except for -AN fittings, those suck. Most of the Summit parts are manufactured by name brand companies, don't forget Summit owns TrickFlow!

Like Rev said, they're not gonna risk their credibility with junk parts. But for the record, I'm staying away from the fuel line fittings in the future.

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:36 PM   #4
redsn95vert
Registered Member

I'm not really concerned as much about the control arms as much as the fuel pump. Thanks for the input guys.....
95 GT convertable, ported+polished GT40 heads, port matched upper and lower Cobra intake manifold, Flowthech headers, Catco hi-flow h-pipe with 2 hi-flow cats, Mac true fit catback exhaust, 3.73 gears, underdrive pullies, Edelbrock 70mm throttle body, Mac cold air intake, FMS 24lb injectors, Granatelli 75mm mass air
redsn95vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:50 PM   #5
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsn95vert
I'm not really concerned as much about the control arms as much as the fuel pump. Thanks for the input guys.....

Trust me, "Summit" did NOT build that fuel pump, or the control arms for that matter.

If I was gonna guess, I'd bet that BBK parts "fit" that Summit fuel pump.

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:20 AM   #6
84LX89GT
Mustangs

I just bought a summit racing short throw shifter....yes the cheapest one made in the history of the world, lol . It was assembled with the shifter handle backwards, was akward to mount and i'm not quite sure how the shifting is yet because i need to finish the car. Also the mounting bolts that come with it are WAY too long. so basically i had to reuse the stock bolts, dissasemble and reassemble the shifter to work and try and use the supplied washers (have offset holes like eccentrics) to try and find a way to bolt it to my T-5.
It's a very nice billet aluminum black finish, and the adjustable stops are very nice. I hope the feel is good, the shifter has springs on the sides that i'm sure will help push the shifter toward center when i need to hit 3rd gear. This is the first time i've bought a summit generic product and as i like to say when fit and finish aren't good - you get what you pay for.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:53 PM   #7
Collin B
Registered Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that all of our Summit label parts are quality inspected and tested before we sell them. We are currently checking on the shifter in question to see if there are any problems with it. If anyone has had issues with this shifter, or any other Summit product for that matter, please feel free to call us so we can assist you. Our customer service department can be reached at 1-800-517-1035 or you can email me direct through this site. We are here to help. Thanks
Collin B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #8
Rev
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin B
I just wanted to let everyone know that all of our Summit label parts are quality inspected and tested before we sell them. We are currently checking on the shifter in question to see if there are any problems with it. If anyone has had issues with this shifter, or any other Summit product for that matter, please feel free to call us so we can assist you. Our customer service department can be reached at 1-800-517-1035 or you can email me direct through this site. We are here to help. Thanks

That's what I love about Summit. In the very rare instances where I've had any problems, they have jumped right on it and made immediate corrections without any hassle or hesitations at all.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:08 PM   #9
82 GT
Import Slayer

I like to think of Summit brand parts as the supermarket brand goods people buy....they suck!
So far,I got burned on their AN fittings and a fuel pressure gauge. The fittings leaked like cheap diapers, and the gauge could never decide what reading it wanted to give me from day to day. That was strike two and I'm not about to get strike three!!
I'd rather take my chances with swap meet parts than to buy Summit brand parts.
FWIW, I would send that fuel pump back tonight!!
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:41 PM   #10
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
That's what I love about Summit. In the very rare instances where I've had any problems, they have jumped right on it and made immediate corrections without any hassle or hesitations at all.

Rev
Never bought their parts (except for their mufflers), but I agree with Rev. Last year when I ended up with the wrong distributor gear, due mostly to their error, I had the right one the next day. I have heard of some issues with them also to be completely honest.

Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote