MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-17-2002, 08:36 PM   #1
tuco
Registered Member

Cool Which Supercharger....

Which supercharger do you guys recomend, I’m wondering if any one has installed or owns a supercharger and would share some info.

I want to install a small system on my stang, I heard some stuff on the Paxton but nothing on the others like: Vortex, Powerdyne, etc.

Wouldn't it be nice to purchase a complete kit? something that included things like: a waste-gate, support chip, wheel well connection, you get the picture!

I mean when you pay 2 grand for something you'd expect a little more than a "go figure this out" job.

Last edited by tuco; 09-17-2002 at 10:32 PM..
tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 05:10 AM   #2
306bullet
Registered Member

Good luck getting everything you need! I am running the Paxton Novi 2000. I have not worked all of the bugs out, but this blower really moves some air! My main gripe was not getting half of the right parts in my kit. I had several overnight deliveries to my house to get it right. They were very helpful throughout all of my dealings with them. If I had it to do all over again, I would definitely buy the 2000 again!
306bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 05:16 AM   #3
Mach 1
Registered Member

Procharger P1SC - Self contained oiling system

I dont think you gonna get a "decent" kit for $2000.00. More like $3000.00

Do it right the first time

later
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 08:33 PM   #4
Brcuda
Registered Member

Default Hmmm

Amen, do it right the first time, I think all of the choices out thier are good ones. Pick the one with the most support where you can get answers when you need them.
AMT RACING ENGINES
JEFFERS PRO CARS
MUSTANG MUSCLE PERFORMANCE & DYNO SERVICE
Brcuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 09:22 PM   #5
tuco
Registered Member

Thanks..
I'm wondering what tipe of bugs are you still having to work out?
Old 09-19-2002, 06:26 AM   #6
306bullet
Registered Member

Bugs, just a couple small details, I guess. I am running stock injectors. The 12:1 FMU has to go. I just bought 30's (real cheap) and a Cartech FMU. The 19's and supplied FMU were drowning my car at the lower rpm's. I also had removed the smog pump when I first bought the car, well with the mounting of the blower I had to steal one off a friends car just to get it going. I am now in the process of making a bracket to allow the removal of the smog pump. Basically, there needs to be a pulley in the smog pumps location to make the accessory belt work.
Setting the timing is a real pain with the passenger side mount. I see no way of putting a light on it, unless you set it before the blower is installed, but that still doesn't help for future setting. That is the street kit. From what I hear, the renegade kit is driver side mount and does not include the fuel pump or FMU. Renegade, is the way I would go next time.

Overall, I love this blower! It moves a lot of air. The blower itself, I will never out grow. Whatever you do and whatever you buy don't pay what they ask! I shopped around and haggled on the prices till I found a price I could live with.
306bullet is offline   Reply With Quote