MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-25-2001, 07:09 PM   #1
Lawless
Registered Member

Question Surging Problem - Help

Update:

I replaced the in tank pump with a 255 lph, and the external pump with a T-Rex. Installed the Anderson Powerpipe and Super Bypass System. Installed the 4:1 calibration disc. Set the fuel pressure to 40 psi Static. Set the TPS according to Andersons directions.

Test drove fine, surge 95% gone....... :0)

Test drove high rpm, when the boost came on, engine stalled..... :0( .... got towed home, engine was flooded bad (made worse by me trying to start it). Changed oil and plugs..... called Anderson Ford. Was advised to remove the programmed Superchip, said that chips are no good good and cause problems on supercharged cars. Removed chip and test drove, set timing at 15 degree's. Car run like a bat out of hell, no stumbles surges or anything. Problem fixed !

Thanks for all the advice I recieved, I believe the bypass system is what solved the surging problem.

Now I have a new problem....... overheating. I am hitting 210 degress after about 10 minutes of driving. I have a huge rad (4 core)and an electric fan (front of rad). I replaced the thermostat with a 160 degree one..... No difference ! I am thinking about putting a flex fan on, any suggestions ? I would need one with about a 2 inch spacer to get around the cog pulley system. Would a fan shroud help the electric fan ? I know it's on the opposite side, but maybe it would direct the air flow better ?

Jay
Lawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 04:40 PM   #2
PKRWUD

Jay,
Try replacing the radiator cap first. Get a Stant (yes, Stant) 17 pound vented cap with a pressure release lever. If a 17 isn't available, a 16 will work, but go no lower. if this doesn't solve your problem, look into a flex fan WITH a shroud. Mechanical fans are useless without the proper shroud.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: