View Single Post
Old 08-13-2001, 12:40 PM   #15
Lawless
Registered Member

Mike and Chris.......

I cleaned the MAF, no difference. I had a tech hook up a Snap On Scanner to the ECM (2 weeks ago). The tech said the Snap On scanner would basically only read codes (which it didn't have). I have got the number of a Ford Tech who has access to a Ford Scanner, I will call him today so maybe we can hook it up and test drive the car..... maybe see whats going on. I have not bypassed the blower yet, it's on my list. I don't know what the thermostat is, but the car runs between 180 and 200. The car starts fine with the 36 lb injectors. Why does the racing bypass have to be routed back to the inlet of the blower blower. Mine isn't and I just made that impossible. I noticed the body of the bypass was rubbing on the inner fender, I reversed the bypass so the outlet was facing towards the inner fender, but then the outlet was rubbing...... so I shortened it removing the about 1/2 inch (no more nipple). Whoops !

Some progress (and anti progress) yesterday, I installed the adjustable fuel regulator and set it according to instructions, 48 psi static (vacuum line disconnected). It runs about 44 psi with the vacuum line connected at idle. The surge was cut in about half, car idles smoother, less exhaust noise and the lean rich indicator is toggling in between lean and medium (green)at idle (thats new). I am going to feed it some more pressure (in 2 psi increments) today and see what happens. Now for the bad news, I felt confident enough to start rpming the car hard yesterday...... I hit a surge at about 5,000 rpm, feels like hitting a rev limiter or maybe a miss. Hmmmmm..... and I thought I was getting somewhere. :0(
Anyway I will try that again with the fuel pressure guage hooked up.......

Later

Jay
Lawless is offline   Reply With Quote