MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-18-2001, 07:02 PM   #1
Neil
Registered Member

Post Suspension

I need some advice on suspension. My 89 GT has eibach lowering springs on it (they were on the car when I bought it) Now I cant get the car to hook up at all even with 26x10 M/T ET Streets. Should I get rid of the eibachs and go with a drag spring? Also, what type of lift bar or traction bar do you prefer. I have heard that Southsides were rough on torque boxes. Is this something that is easily fixed or is this a major job?

------------------------
89 GT
AFR 185s,Holley Systemax,70mm Accufab throttle body,76mm C&L mass air, 30lb injectors, Mac 1 5/8long tube headers
,4.10 gears
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 11:03 PM   #2
84LX89GT
Mustangs

In order to get weight transfer to the rear of your car you will need compliant springs rather than stiff lowering springs, also when you lower a car you lower the center of gravity, which agains hinders weight transfer. Drag springs, from what i hear, are a godsend and help traction dramatically. If you get drag springs, it would be a good idea to get some drag racing shocks/struts to compliment the softer springs.
You can reinforce your torque boxes by having the seams welded so that it's in place stronger and having Southside liftbars with some heavy duty upper control arms should give you great traction. Another thing you can also do is to get a heavier duty rear sway bar or adjustable rear sway bar. I've heard this help even out weight transfer between the rear wheels and provide a straighter launch.

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote