Thread: T-5 Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2002, 11:52 PM   #1
95/GT/5.0
Registered Member

Question T-5 Rebuild

I have had a problem with my T-5 transmission for a few weeks now.The problem:shifting from first to second gear causing a grinding sound and will not go into second gear unless you pause for a second or two then shift into second and still makes a clanck when it goes into second gear.This is the only problem with the trans.All other gears work fine.The transmo has 135K miles on it and was ready for an overhaul anyway.So I purchased a Borg-Warner World Class T-5 master rebuild kit, complete with synchronizers.I removed the trans and installed the rebuild kit.Oh shure sounds easy enough.12 hours later I was finished the rebuild.Everything went back together the way it came out.Also took the opportunity to replace the clutch kit and upgrade the clutch cable.I have rebuilt Borg-Warner Super T-10's (4 speeds) for my Z28 and had no problems with any of them.This T-5 though,is a whole new ball game.Top loaded shifter for one thing. ANY WAY MY PROBLEM AFTER THE REBUILD IS:THE TRANSMISSION STILL HAS THE SAME PROBLEM I DESCRIBED ABOVE WITH SECOND GEAR, ALLTHOUGH NOT AS BAD.Anyone out there with some T-5 rebuild experience that could tell me what I might have missed,and what to look for when i open it back up.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks 1995 5.0 GT owner.

Last edited by 95/GT/5.0; 12-18-2002 at 04:34 AM..
95/GT/5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote