MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-17-2001, 06:31 PM   #1
quick89gt
Registered Member

Post T-REX Install Help.

I'm going to install the T-REX fuel pump on my car tomorrow as part of the install for my S-TRIM blower. I would liek to know how in the hell i hook the inline fuse to the long, red wire that goes to the fuse box? the inline fuse is just a continuous circular wire with a fuse in it. how do i have to connect it to that long, red wire. also, is that little brass piece of metal the fuse tap? do i just slide that into one of the fuse slots on my fuse box and crimp the long red wire into it on the other side? please help...josh

------------------
'89 GT, T-5,
Bored .030 Over, GT-40P heads, MAC 1 5/8" headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, 2 1/2" Flowmasters, Edelbrock 65mm T.B., Trick Flow Intakes, Crane 2031 cam, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Keith Black hyp. flat top Pistons, Screamin' Deamon Coil, Champion Plugs, March Underdrive Pulleys, 255lph Fuel Pump, SVO Motorsport Clutch, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Formula GP Suspension, MAC Upper & Lower Control Arms, FMS 3.73 Gears.
quick89gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 06:55 PM   #2
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

If its the kind of fuse connector i am thinking of you connect the wire to one end with a wire connector and pull the fuse out. Slide that fuse connector over one of the 2 sides of the fuse and plug the fuse back in.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, A9P Computer, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley Fuel Regulator, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 79mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 08:54 PM   #3
quick89gt
Registered Member

ttt

------------------
'89 GT, T-5,
Bored .030 Over, GT-40P heads, MAC 1 5/8" headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, 2 1/2" Flowmasters, Edelbrock 65mm T.B., Trick Flow Intakes, Crane 2031 cam, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Keith Black hyp. flat top Pistons, Screamin' Deamon Coil, Champion Plugs, March Underdrive Pulleys, 255lph Fuel Pump, SVO Motorsport Clutch, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Formula GP Suspension, MAC Upper & Lower Control Arms, FMS 3.73 Gears.
quick89gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 09:19 PM   #4
go4it
Registered Member

Cut the wire into on the fuse holder, that will give you the two ends. I ran mine to the battery, didn't want to hook up in the fuse box because you will probably be on a smaller gauge wire than what you are running to the pump.

------------------
93GT, S-trim (2.95 pulley), SFMU, Stage 2 TFS TW heads, Stage 2 Cobra intake, AFM powerpipe, PRO-M 75mm massair, 75mm throttle body, 42lb.inj. 1 5/8 headers, 2 1/2 h-pipe and exhaust, 2 chamber Flowmasters, 3.55 gears, Ultradyne cam, Elder.timing gears, Black Magic fan, 3 row alum.rad. MSD6al/BTM, MSD coil, MSD shift light, subframe connectors, A-pillar gauges, Pro-5.0 shifter.
go4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 09:40 PM   #5
Greasy Carl
Registered Member

I always hook them up directly to the battery if at all possible, you want that pump to get as much voltage as possible and at the battery is your best bet. If you have to use the fuse tap it will work and will support plenty of power like that, it will just support a little more if it gets the extra voltage...hope this helps!

------------------
91 coupe, SVO block 380 windsor, Brodix Neal heads, Super victor spyder intake, 90mm Accufab, 160 lb. Bosch injectors, D2-R procharger, Dynamic powerglide, 4500 stall, 9" rear, Speed Pro injection. 1047 hp at the wheels on Dynojet dyno with 23 lbs. of boost.
Greasy Carl is offline   Reply With Quote