MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-19-2001, 08:51 PM   #1
Sparkplug

Smile T-Trim, PCV Valve, Oil on firewall????

Under boost there appears to be oil on the firewall, Near the rear intake seal at the pcv valve. I also observed a strange light brown colored smoke coming from the exhaust when the car is under boost at the track, The tech guy at the track said it appeared to be a fiberglass material, Possibly coming from the muffler, Also the motor appears to be louder when you goose the engine. The light brown smoke only occurs when the motor is und boost (18 PSI) only occurs when the motor is under boost, But i cannot pinpoint the problem, Anyone ever had this problem? Thanks in advance.

------------------
91LX 331 S-Trim & 89GT NOS Stage II
Old 09-19-2001, 09:29 PM   #2
Capri306

Did you get the T-trim KIT or just the T-trim head unit? That'll be the difference, if I remember correctly, because there's some sort of PCV modification. What's happening is that your crankcase gasses can't escape through the PCV valve like on an N/A engine. The PCV valve itself is going into "backfire" mode, which completely closes it off. Now you have all this crankcase pressure trying to escape, and it's going to go wherever it can. Apparently it found your PCV valve grommet a convenient passage. Just hope it's not your lower intake's rear seal, but that's no biggie, either. You have to determine exactly where the oil is coming from first. The vendor's kits (almost) all come with a PCV modification of some sort. I'd call Vortech or check out the website for more info.

I'd assume that you also plugged the breather tube that goes into the throttle body, correct? If not, you need to do that as well.

That fiberglass you're seeing may be the packing coming out of your mufflers. Gonna need new ones, dude.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!"
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 04:01 AM   #3
Sparkplug

Yes i have plugged the t/b breather tube and the oil filler tube also, I have a K&N oil filler open element cap on the oil filler, And As i thought it might be the fiberglass packing coming from my fairly new Dynomax Race Magnums, (Dont have 500 miles on them) What a Pita! I guess i might have to switch back to Flowmaster. And also i have performed a compression check on the motor with all readings being 150 on all eight cylinders, Is there anything else that i might be missing, I would hate to have to pull the lower intake, But if i have to i will, I Just want to be sure and to find out if anyone else has had this problem, Thanks again.

------------------
91LX 331 S-Trim & 89GT NOS Stage II