MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-18-2002, 05:16 PM   #1
ericcone
Registered Member

Unhappy Where is Fog Light Wiring for 1999 Mustang?

My girlfriend has a 1999 V6 Mustang and she just bought some GT fog lights and switch for her car. Well the fog lights didn't come with a wiring harness. I see that the connector for the fog light switch and wiring is already in the car, but where is the wiring that plugs into the actual fog lights? It seems like they would be taped up somewhere but I can't find them. If anyone could tell me where the wires are hiding, I'd appreciate it, thanks!
ericcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 05:20 PM   #2
mustang2000
Registered Member

if its a mustang GT fog lights u talking about, i would assume it would go with the stuff but i am not sure since i had the dealership install my gt fog lights but the gt switch would go where your coins go next to the cup holders atleast that is where mine is but if its not the gt fog lights then i dunno but the gt fog lights hook up where the mustang gts fog lights are and if u feel or look up where the part ends u will feel two holes and i take it that is how u screw them in there to hold the lights but dont knwo though like i said i had mine installed by the dealership it costed but its better to do that way so if they screw up they fix it themselves cause i am not sure if u have to take the front bumper off or not to put them on their
mustang2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 09:26 PM   #3
Stang City
Registered Member

Talking Fog Lights...

I don't know about your year, but after spending some time wiring up a set of after market fog lights, I happened to see the plugs for the factory lights zip tied to the harness just behind the bumper where the factory ones go?? I don't know if they go all the way back to the console, but they were at the light end. Hope that helps