MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-17-2002, 10:24 PM   #1
holmes
Registered Member

Default TCI street Fighter

I need a new AOD and the Lentechs are too expensive. Let me know your opinion if you have one
86 gt 306 ported dart Sr, ported cobra intake, 65 mm fms tb, c&l maf, 30# injectors, Comp xe 274 cam, balanced, probe main girdle,probe stud girdles,crane hi6 ignition, 1.6 Harland Sharp rockers, 2600 PI converter, AOD, 3.73, Southsides, Electric fan, Lakewood 90/10s, Mac headers, Mac X-pipe, Mac dumps,BBK upper control arms, 6point cage
holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 01:18 AM   #2
Mach 1
Registered Member

I have a GER (www.gerperformance.com) and have had good luck with it, even though GER doesnt have a great reputation for customer service. I would recommend thier AOD as the price is right, but dont use thier converters.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 01:32 PM   #3
DRASTiK
Registered Member

DON'T BUY TCI!!!!
To make a really long story short:
I bought a street fighter C-4 when I had my 69 grande. After sending the TCI torque converter back because it was improperly stamped with the incorrect part number (right number on wrong part), and then the valve body because it wasn't working correctly, I finally got my car running. Then I was calling TCI to refund me for shipping of their defective parts. The person I spoke with most often was named Jerry, and he was courteous and didn't give me too much grief, but the product SUCKED!!!

Then in less than six months, it started to mess up, and just after a year, then tranny blew all together. It was a p.o.s. and I'll never buy a TCI tranny again. Other than the incorrect stamping of the part number on the torque converter (break away), I had no problems with the torque converter. So, if you want my opinion, there it is. If you want more details then PM me.

RHC member #75

My stang is FOR SALE!!
DRASTiK is offline   Reply With Quote