MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-30-2004, 12:11 AM   #1
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default TFI module part #

does anyone know the correct ford TFI module part # for 90 mustang GT w/5spd? i think there is a diff part # for auto or stick but i forget the model years that use the same part #. thanks in advance.
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 02:56 AM   #2
mustangman4
Registered Member

I wish I knew the part # off hand but I dont. The one thing I do know is that I bought a Dist from someone from an 88 GT I think and I put my old TFI module on it from my 93 to put back in my car. The one I had taken off of it I layed on the toolbox just in case for a spare. Well my bros 88 F150 6cyl burned up a TFI module like 2mths ago and he needed one so he grabbed it off of the toolbox and tossed it on. Its been running since. I know there are different part #'s for all model years but the first 4 digits are the make of the vehicle the next set of numbers specify the part itself. Which is the base part #. The last two digits or letters are supposed to be its revision stamp. Usually AA or AB. So like a valve cover gasket is F1ZZ-6584-B. So F1ZZ is the year and make and model it came from, the 6584 is the base part # which in this case is a gasket and the B is the revision its on. Hope this helps.

Brad
Old 02-12-2004, 01:34 PM   #3
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default Re: TFI module part #

Quote:
Originally posted by GhettoPop
does anyone know the correct ford TFI module part # for 90 mustang GT w/5spd? i think there is a diff part # for auto or stick but i forget the model years that use the same part #. thanks in advance.
can anyone give me the correct part #? i have called 3 ford dealerships and got 3 different answers! i just need to know what part # is stock on my application and if there are any other part#'s that are compatable so i can pick one up from a junkyard. thanks everyone
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote