MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-16-2002, 10:41 AM   #1
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Question TFS High Ports and Long Tubes

Okay here is the dilema,I just purchased a set of TFS High Ports(Street Heat whatever) and I need some opinions here.

Will long tubes fit on them in a Fox Bopdy Mustang? I would say yes because with long tubes it really does not matter long as they are designed for a Fox body Mustang.

I am looking at the Brother's Performanve(BBK) 1 3/4 long tubes and was looking for some feedback?

Anyone have high port heads and long tubes out there? What problems did you run into? Did you have to use an all purpose tool (BFH) to get them on?

"there are 5,000 Army troops sitting on their butts doing nothing,while 2 companies of Marines are securing this island" spoken by a Army General on the Isle of Grenada in 1983
HORSEMEN RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 12:00 PM   #2
WADS56
gear banger

I have the canfields and they have a raised exhaust port and my mac's fit fine. You will also be fine.
Wade
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 12:05 PM   #3
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Thumbs up Thanks Wade

Appreciate it Wade thanks,that looks like a very stout combo you have there,347 with Victor 5.0 intake I bet it screams.

What size are your Mac's? I am going to be running a 1 3/4 tube on mine,into a 2.5 inch off-road short h-pipe,into a new Flowmaster American Thunder catback with delta flow,the old real loud Flowmaster interior noise has gotten the best of me.

Still sticking with the 2 chambers though.

Thanks again Wade

"there are 5,000 Army troops sitting on their butts doing nothing,while 2 companies of Marines are securing this island" spoken by a Army General on the Isle of Grenada in 1983
HORSEMEN RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 12:57 PM   #4
WADS56
gear banger

My Mac's are 1 3/4 into a custum 3" X-pipe with ultraflo mufflers.

The only problem I have with the headers is that they did not fit around my lakewood bellhousing. I had to do some grinding and bending to get them to fit.
If I want to do a simple clutch change I have to pull the headers off. To get the headers out I have to jack up the motor
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote