View Single Post
Old 12-30-2000, 05:18 PM   #1
Mad Horse
Registered Member

Question Which of these tires??

Hey Guys, I know it has been awhile since I have posted but this past semester of college has been tougher than hell so I haven't had the time to get on here. It is time for me to put some new rubber on my Ponies. I'm looking for a good performance tire with good tread life too. Right now I'm looking at the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS, Nitto NT-450 and NT-555ZR, and Michelin Pilot XGT Z4 which I currently have on my car. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions. I like the treadwear to be close to 300. I plan on doing a little drag racing with them until I can afford some more serios Drag Radials, but mainly plan on using them for highway driving and a lot of street racing. On another note I have 3.73 gears and wouldn't mind lowering my RPM a tad...so my question is..Does the tire diameter really have that much affect between a P235/55R16 with a diameter of 26.14" compared to a P245/50R16 with a diameter of 25.59"??? If not I plan on going with the wider tire P245.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Great upcoming New Year!

------------------
88GT 5-speed
Bolt ons:Ram Air, K&N,
PS91 coil, Accel Cap/Rotor, 190lph Fuel pump, Pro 5.0, March Pullies, DynoMax Cat-back, 16" Ponies, 3.73 gears.
"Nip it in the Bud"
My Mustang Homepage

Mad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote