View Single Post
Old 10-21-2001, 02:10 PM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Post This thing is pathetic.

I know this is a forum for Mustangs and their engines. I didn't want to post this in Blue Oval Lounge though.

I have a '86 Nissan 720 Hardbody pickup with a 2.4l Z24 engine (181k) and a 5-spd. The engine has all new electrical (distributor and cap, wires, plugs), new head gasket, and new alternator.

Here's the problem: When I floor it, it backfires, or something like backfiring, and ******* falls on it's face. It jolts around and shakes you to death. It's kind of funny, when no one is around, because the truck is such a pos, but it sucks when you're in the middle of traffic and a bunch of people see you. That makes you feel like a complete moron.

If I just gradually get on it, it will wrap up, it's not a rev limiter or anything like that. But no matter what gear, what speed, if I put it to the floor, it does this sh!t. This truck just needs to last about a year and a half. If it's going to cost a lot of money then screw it and I will deal with it. But if it was something fairly simple I'd like to get rid of it. Naturally.

Sorry about posting this here. I'd appreciate help though. Thanks everyone.

bs

------------------
Previously "BennyBoy"
'69 Coupe with 351W-I rolled it 8/8
Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock RPM cam, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, C4: shift kit, 9" Currie: Trac-Lok 3.70s, 290hp-stock heads

Starting Project "2ND COMING": 1969 Fastback

[This message has been edited by 6T9PONY (edited 10-21-2001).]
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote