MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-04-2002, 03:06 PM   #1
PeTr0
Registered Member

Unhappy Thinking About Selling Out :(

I Bought my mustang 3 years ago when i was 16...It has served me well and I have had very little problems with it. Modifying it has been great and I still have lots of plans and options to continue. The money I have spent already is in the thousands. I have the money now so i can buy my supercharger or get a even better paint job or something that I have always wanted. But i am thinking about selling my baby. Whenever i drive it i decide not too...i still love the way it pins me to the seat. But i have been disapointed at the track everytime i go, it feels its age and needs suspension work now, especally if i got that blower. THe paint looks good but is fading and has a couple chips. I have put lots of sweat, blood , and tears into my stang...Why am i thinking about selling it now??? What do i do guys.
Red 1993 Gt- 3.55 gears,flowmasters,BBK Shortie Headers, BBK Hi-Flow H-Pipe, BBK cold air induction w/K&N, Pro 5.0 shifer,UPR Adjustable cable and quad, 130 amp alt., underdrives,65mm T-body,MegaBite Jr. Lowers and Heavy Duty HPM uppers, Koni Yellow struts & Shocks, FMS 'B' Springs, Aluminum Driveshaft, MSD 6AL and blaster tfi coil, sony cd player and changer, kicker component speakers, Kenwood Excelon amp, 2 12" subs in the hatch,Cobra R Rims and Nitto NT555 all around, timing bumped to 13 deg., ADS Superchip, and mobil 1 oil lubing the 302.
PeTr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 03:20 PM   #2
HopingForAGT
Registered Member

sell it and get what?? if its paid off i wouldnt consider selling it unless something is wrong with it or it looks rough. what makes you want to sell it? because you get dissapointed at the track...slap that s trim on there before you sell it and see what happens
flowmaster series 80
k&n open element
KYB shocks/struts
Eibach springs
16x8 TT IIs

1995 AODE Mustang GT
K&N Filter
HopingForAGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 03:37 PM   #3
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

How much do you want to sell it for? I've been looking or one, let me know ASAP.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 01:14 AM   #4
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

I know how you feel man...I really love my car to, but I think I'm gonna sell it in a few months. I really want a 5 spd! Of course I'll get another stang. I'm looking for a notch. Too bad I didn't think of this before I started modifying my current stang...oh well. ANYWAYS, back to your problem. Like HOPING FOR A GT said,...why do YOU want to sell yours. if you have all that money, i'm sure you wouldn't be dissapointed with that supercharger. GO FOR IT!
Old 07-05-2002, 01:20 AM   #5
PKRWUD

Buy a Pinto and drop a 460 in it.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 06:41 PM   #6
BLACK85GT
Registered Member

keep it.
5.0, Holley heads, 1.7 Scorp Rockers, Stealth intake, Holley 600 carb, Holley Mech. Fuel pump, MSD 6Digital, MSD distributor, Hotchkis upper/lower rear control arms, FMS B Springs, 3:73 (8.8) rear.
Production # 9,377
BLACK85GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 07:50 PM   #7
Stroked408
Registered Member

Thumbs up Keep it

Everyone goes through what you are going through at one time or another keep the car.

If you think you are un-happy now think how you will feel when you sell it and one goes rumbling by,and you say "if I was in my ol car I bet I could take you" most guys that sell their cars become the biggest bench racers in history with the opening line"when I had my car" do not become one of these guys.

If you have palns for a supercharger go for it strap that sucker on there and have more fun.

Stick with it,you will like it, and be glad you did.

Launch Harder

Go Faster
Stroked408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 09:23 PM   #8
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

KEEP IT!!!!!!!!! If you do decide to sell it, don't sell out and buy a damn f body.
Old 07-06-2002, 12:23 AM   #9
Mach 1
Registered Member

Im going through the same thing right now. With a new baby and a wife and getting older and not having a lot of money, the stang just is not fitting into my life very good at the moment. Ive done a ton of work on the car and would surely miss it at times, but what I really need is a practical car that is good on gas.

1BAD89 - If interested, drop me an e-mail.

Oh, and if you do sell, that doesnt mean you have to be an idiot bench racer. Just keep your mouth shut and your memories to yourself.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 06:02 AM   #10
phatpony
Registered Member

Default KEEP IT!!!!!

Dude, keep it!!!! This is my fourth fox body Mustang and I will never sell. I regretted getting rid of the other ones after they were sold. This one is paid for, and my thinking is if it is paid for, you would be a fool for selling.
'93 LX, Cobra intake, K&N conical filter, tremec, 4.10, billet quadrant and firewall adjuster, paxton fuel regulator, MAC equal length shorties, BBK X-pipe with cats, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat back with stainless tips

No, I'm fat, the car is PHAT!
phatpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 09:47 AM   #11
Mach 1
Registered Member

why is somebody a fool for selling something if its paid for? I have heard this opinion from several people and it makes absolutely no sense at all. Paid for or not, (makes no difference) if you need money more than you need the car, then why shouldnt one sell?
RHC member #142
Old 07-06-2002, 10:34 AM   #12
94GTConv
Registered Member

Pkrwud,
I saw a Pinto at the tracks about 2 weeks ago. Ran a 10.18!!!!!!!!! 1/4 mile not 1/8th. 10 pound bottle of nos in the trunk. Huge V8 with a blower. Faded Paint (really set it off).
94GTConv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 10:50 AM   #13
Stroked408
Registered Member

Thumbs up I Agree Mach 1

I agree with you Mach 1, I would not call someone a fool just because they sold their car then I guess i am a fool 5 times over because I am on my 5th V8 Mustang and I regretted selling and trading everyone of them well except my 82 GT I did not like that P.O.S.

Petro I tell you like this,you do what is best for you,even though I do not know you,I hate to see you sell your car you seem really proud of it,just a make a good solid decision on what you want to do.

Launch Harder

Go Faster
Stroked408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 06:49 PM   #14
Mach 1
Registered Member

thats the bottom line, do whats beest for you. You might regret selling it, you might not. I dont want to sell mine, but it makes sense for me. 20 years from now when the fox body mustangs are demanding a pretty penny, Ill be kicking myself in the ***, and every time I see a sweet one cruise by, but hey, you have to do what you have to do.

Theres more important things in life than cars.
RHC member #142
Old 07-06-2002, 08:29 PM   #15
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
Theres more important things in life than cars.

You're kidding, right???

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 07-06-2002, 08:49 PM   #16
Mach 1
Registered Member

Yeah, I was kidding...Somebody smack me, I havent been feeling like my normal self these last few days.

American muscle rules!!! V-8's forever! Smoke them tires!!

Ok, I feel better already...
RHC member #142
Old 07-06-2002, 08:50 PM   #17
PKRWUD

LOL! Good. Boy, you had me worried for a minute there, Chris!!!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 07-06-2002, 11:10 PM   #18
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Quote:
American muscle rules!!! V-8's forever! Smoke them tires!!
Yeah man!!!! 4 bangers suck!! Except for the gas mileage part. Only thing they are good for.
Old 07-06-2002, 11:11 PM   #19
chatcher
Registered Member

i think you should buy yourself an old beat up truck and drive it to work every day then when you do get in your car you will love it the more beat up the truck the better your car will feel

my s10 doesnt even have power steering makes the mustang feel like a benz
Old 07-07-2002, 12:24 PM   #20
PeTr0
Registered Member

Ok....after some serious soul searching i decided that i cant sell my car just yet. I am really proud of all the work i did myself and everything i learned about cars in the process. .....But what can i do to make it drive like a newer car(suspension) and My car running mostly 14.9's at the track is very slow for the mods. What about that...I have checked all the usual stuff like the TPS and plugs and u name it. My best time slip looked like this:
60' 2.141
1/8 9.5 mph 74.42
1/4 14.79 mph 93.3

I think the MPH is a little low....someone told me my valve springs could be bad and it is hurting my top end...what do u guys think?
Red 1993 Gt- 3.55 gears,flowmasters,BBK Shortie Headers, BBK Hi-Flow H-Pipe, BBK cold air induction w/K&N, Pro 5.0 shifer,UPR Adjustable cable and quad, 130 amp alt., underdrives,65mm T-body,MegaBite Jr. Lowers and Heavy Duty HPM uppers, Koni Yellow struts & Shocks, FMS 'B' Springs, Aluminum Driveshaft, MSD 6AL and blaster tfi coil, sony cd player and changer, kicker component speakers, Kenwood Excelon amp, 2 12" subs in the hatch,Cobra R Rims and Nitto NT555 all around, timing bumped to 13 deg., ADS Superchip, and mobil 1 oil lubing the 302.
PeTr0 is offline   Reply With Quote