MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-14-2001, 06:16 PM   #1
mikos chris

Post throttle body adapter

The 351 Twin Turbo Fairmont project is undergoing slowly. It gets more complex everyday. I just acquired a 351C 4V motor. I have a 351W also. Anyway to make a long story short I need to know where I may be able to find a throttle body adapter that will bolt to a carb manifold. I've seen them before I just cant remember where. Im just trying to decide which would be the better of the 2 motors C or W, seeing as how both need everything. I think the C would be a whole lot nicer to have. THANKS
Old 04-14-2001, 07:29 PM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

The C is supposedly a better block, for what reason I don't know, but finding stuff for it is a LOT harder. You said it was a 4V motor, so I assume you already have heads, no? 4V will make a lot more power up top, so if you can get stuff without selling your liver for that motor, get those heads ported and use it.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2001, 07:35 PM   #3
mikos chris

i've got the 4v heads, I know these heads make awsome power up high, but really dont make much low end because of the port size, they're huge. I figure with the Turbo setup that I should have the best of both worlds, lots of low end with awsome upper end. THANKS
Old 04-14-2001, 10:55 PM   #4
dinomite
The Dude

Just realized that I didn't even TOUCH your real question. I have no idea where you can find parts for the C motor, thats why I always reccommend the windsor, but since you alread have the cleavland with heads and turbos (!) thats cool!!!! Someone around here should be able to find you some parts, have you looked at Summit Racing and Holocomb Motorsports?
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote