MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-20-2003, 01:25 PM   #1
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Angry Throttle cable

Well im stuck at school because of a broken throttle cable. I am trying to get the old one out, ive disconnected it from the pedal, throttle body, and disconnected the small bracket on the friewall. When I pull the cable outward towards the engine, something is holding it from the inside of the firewall. I looked up in there and there is some disk shaped bracket of some sort. How do I get this off? Any help would be soooooooooooo appreciated as I have a test at 5:30 and need to get the part before then. Thanks alot for the help. -John
Old 03-20-2003, 09:22 PM   #2
mikew88gt
Registered Member

I thought I'd go check what you're talking about since my interior is out of the car. That disk your talking about seems to be a bit of overkill on Ford's part. It's kind of a pain in the butt to remove. It took me about 5-10 mins with a long slotted screwdriver and I don't have any seats in my way. Not the best job to do in a parking lot. Good luck.
mikew88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:48 PM   #3
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Ha, yeah I realized thats about the worst job for a parking lot. I managed to fabricate a throttle cable out of some light cable used for fishing, and some crimps though, it actually works quite well until I get the new cable. I appreciate your help though, did it just slide off back towards you, or is it slotted? I cant really get my head in position for a good look at it, so Im just going by feel. If I had tools I would probably just rip the damn seat out. Thanks again.