MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-24-2001, 01:40 AM   #1
DemonGT
Registered Member

Post throttle sticks??

tonight i got on it and now if i hit the gas half way or all the way to the floor it sticks there..like if i rev it to 3 grand it will just sit there at 3..wont go any higher but if i take the tip of my toe on the back of the gas and pull the pedal out it goes down? is this my pedal or my throttle body?? and how do i fix it?

------------------
'91 GT,91K,T-5,air silencer removed,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Cat-back,off road H,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Competition gauges,C&L 76mm MAF,Accufab 70mm TB,TFS street heat intake

Waiting install:Nothing

Future Mods:3.73's,Pro 5.0,TFS heads,TFS stage 1 cam,lakewood struts/shocks,nitto DR's
ICQ#35670781
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 02:19 AM   #2
smokedchevy
Registered Member

Your problem should be pretty easy to tell if it is mechanical. Have a friend sit in the car and push on the pedal. Check under the hood and see if it hangs up anywhere. Take your inlet tube off so you can see the throttle body blade. I had the throttle stick on my old stang, turned out to be the cotter pin holding the linkage to the carberator.

------------------
92 GT, 4:10 gears, centerforce clutch, 6# powerdyne blower, bbk h-pipe, flowmasters
smokedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 01:36 PM   #3
LincoConti87
Registered Member

And if not that check to see if ure pedal has a sharp somethin on it grabbing the carpet...but i bet its under the hood...wanna hear a weird one...I punched the gas one time on my 89 mercedes 190 comin out of a parkin lot...it revs for half a second then stops goin...engine is running but gas pedal does nothin...I idle to a curb...get towed home...next day open up pull off the air filter box and stuff on top of engine...theres a cable just sitting there not connected to anything and throttle linkage just sittin there...so I look around and find half of a square plastic thingy...turns out the plastic thingy plugs into the throttle linkage arm and holds the cable in place...thought I was really in for it$$$$$$ takin it to a benz mechanic...got the part and installed it myself..like 1.50$ or somethin
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 11:55 PM   #4
DemonGT
Registered Member

what really burns my a$$ is its a accufab TB and it is sticking
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote