MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-18-2003, 02:26 PM   #1
drtbiker
Registered Member

Default Time for tires

I have 16" pony rims for the rear i want to go with bfgoodrich dr's 275. But what i need to know is what should i do about the front tires? Are there good bfgoodrich for the frnts if so what size and model should i get. My current tire size in the frnt is 225 and the rear is 245.

any sugestions

thanks

ill be ordering through summit so if anyone wants to link the tires that would be great
mods: 3:73's, off road h-pipe, b303 cam in gt- 40 motor w/ Power Plus intake, edelbrock 70mm tb & egr spacer, 72mm C&L, bbk long tubes, tremec tranny, centerforce dual friction clutch, upr and lwr CA's 255lph FP and soon more to come.... when i have money again

SOME ADVICE
Don't do burn outs in reverse it is very expensive
New times with dead hook on dr's 13.27@103 with 2.0 60 foots w/100lb system

Fastest time to date: 12.8@113
drtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 02:45 PM   #2
drtbiker
Registered Member

i can get a set of nittos in the rear 16 x 245 for 300dollars

is that a good deal??
mods: 3:73's, off road h-pipe, b303 cam in gt- 40 motor w/ Power Plus intake, edelbrock 70mm tb & egr spacer, 72mm C&L, bbk long tubes, tremec tranny, centerforce dual friction clutch, upr and lwr CA's 255lph FP and soon more to come.... when i have money again

SOME ADVICE

Old 01-18-2003, 02:58 PM   #3
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Thats not a bad price. I was quoted $176 each for the nitto dr's. I was also quoted $126 each for the bfg dr's. I think the tread wear on the bfg's is a little better than the nittos. As far as the front, just ask the tire shop. They'll have suggestions.

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 12:07 AM   #4
drtbiker
Registered Member

hmm any others on tires??? Nittos vs bfgoodrich
i know this has been a topic and sorry to fire it up again its just my tires are shot and i can barely move. Its fun to and exstent but when i cant even get going. It sucks thanks

guys

SOME ADVICE

Old 01-20-2003, 02:35 PM   #5
stangsrule
Registered Member

I'ld say the biggest question is are these for a daliy driver or a fair weather car? If they are for a daily driver I would say go with the Nittos, they have more tread from the get go and are much better in the wet stuff. If it is a fair weather car than I would say the BFG's are probably going to be a little better traction on the dry stuff but give you fewer miles of wear. That's just my opinion though... I have and really like the Nitto's...
92GT Lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, SMC Alky Injection kit, J&S Knock Gaurd, TwEECer RT and a bunch of other stuff!
stangsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 12:27 AM   #6
drtbiker
Registered Member

well i ended up getting nittos for 270 for the pair i hope i like them

SOME ADVICE

Old 01-21-2003, 01:38 AM   #7
stangsrule
Registered Member

I got mine for $125 ea on a GP a couple of years ago and have been verry happy with them. They won't last as long as regular tires but they do pretty good considering what they are. They are horrible in the snow though! I got stuck in the Taco Bell drive through 2 winters ago! That's when I decided I needed a beater for the wintertime. Somehow 450hp and drag radials on a lowered stang just didn't get along with the snow...
92GT Lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, SMC Alky Injection kit, J&S Knock Gaurd, TwEECer RT and a bunch of other stuff!
stangsrule is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: