View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 01:39 PM   #1
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Default HP vs ET vs seat 'o the pants

I'm currently making plans as to what I want to do with my cars, and I've seen numbers, read estimates, etc. My question is how do you decide how much power you're looking for, without the exp of riding in really high hp cars or having the feel for the hp you want. I dont consider myself "ambitious" as far as my power goals, but I dont know how to express them numerically , and from there make the plans needed.
I want to make my 93 something of an all around performer, with an excellent suspension and handeling, and the 66 will eventually be more of an all out "scary fast" type car. I just dont know what kind of goals I should be setting with each of them, and consiquently, what type of combos to consider.
What I'm thinking right now is a stroked 351w (havent decided displacement yet) for the '66 and a moderatly mild street engine (possibly another 351, non stroked) built for a turbo to be named later
Suggestions anyone?

J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote