View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 08:37 AM   #17
cleanLX
Registered Member

You've made some good points.

If the computer gets fuel info from the dist., than that would explain my milage. I've gone from 19mpg city, to 17mpg city. I figured it was the warmer weather and the switch to aerated gas that we are blessed with here in Phoenix durring the warmer months.

To get 60' in the low 1.7's on stock suspension and with stock HP is requiring dumping the clutch at 5000+rpms. If I were running street tires the total timing would make getting out of the hole very difficult with the add'd response/tq down low.
On street tires (not dr's) the car would break the tires loose at the top of second with 15* initial and spout in, but now with spout out and 36*, I can break them loose in second at any time with just a stab of the gas.

I'm not certian, but I 'thought' the computer add as much as 16*, but it was dependant on a host of things not just throttle position, and, depending on what the computer is reading, you may not get the full 16*. I 'thought' that it would add as miuch as 16*, but that it came on in incraments with rpm.

The heat thing is an interesting point as well. On the street the car runs a very small amount warmer, stock guages, so I don't know what the numbers are, just that it's slightly higher now. I've not experienced any detonation on the street or at the track however. I should note, that I don't drive hard on the street, the odd romp, but my street driving would be more akin to Jessie, than Luke or Bo (all of the Duke family).

I think I'll be throwing the spout back in for daily driving duties, and leaving the total timing for the track, see if the temps drop back a little and if my mileage goes back up.

I'm defintaly pulling it at the track... to run 6/100ths off my best time, with worse 60's and worse air conditions, it is definatly a track trick...

That's all.
cleanLX is offline   Reply With Quote