MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-08-2002, 10:18 PM   #1
mike5p01
Registered Member

Unhappy Tranny blues (long)

This has been frustrating me for some time so bear with me. It all started a while back, the tranny was getting pretty tough to shift, even when I adjusted it. So I figured time for a new clutch. Got the King Cobra, installed it, torqued it down to specs and I was ready to go. Well that when this all started. When I had the clutch pedal to the floor and tried to put it in gear it wouldn't budge. So I adjusted the cable numerous times with still no result. So then I decided to take out the tranny again a make sure everything was torqued down properly. Still not a damn bit of difference. I noticed the clutch pedal was hanging a little low, probably from the pressure I was applying to it. So I dropped the brake support assembly and got a new pedal and the attaching bar and put that in. Boy that was fun And of course it didn't do a damn thing. So thats where I'm at now.
So as you can see I'm pretty frustrated with it all. I'm hoping I'm just a complete moron and its something so simple that I keep overlooking. When I "engage" the clutch its soooo stiff. It lifts my left side outta the seat. I have to grasp the steering wheel to get it down. And I don't want to do that anymore... cuz I'd hate to strip out another pedal. So please any ideas... anything I can do to hopefully fix this wonderful problem I've created for myself.

Thanx
Mike5p0
Old 06-09-2002, 06:45 AM   #2
phatpony
Registered Member

You didn't mention if you had replaced the clutch cable or not. If not, that's where I would start, and it's nowhere near as bad as replacing the pedal assy (that musta sucked). Also make sure you dont' have any severe bends or kinks in the cable.
'93 LX, Cobra intake, K&N conical filter, tremec, 4.10, billet quadrant and firewall adjuster, paxton fuel regulator, MAC equal length shorties, BBK X-pipe with cats, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat back with stainless tips

No, I'm fat, the car is PHAT!
phatpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 12:24 PM   #3
mike5p01
Registered Member

Yes, about a year ago I got that kit from steeda. But I think I am going to go out an look at the cable,, just to be sure. No that I am thinking about it the throwout bearing was a little different than the old one. I dunno, I've still got the old clutch, presure plate and TO bearing and I'm thinnking of putting all that back in. Driving me crazy.

Mike5p0