MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-21-2003, 02:06 PM   #1
Nixon1
Registered Member

Default Tranny and rear end q

Two questions....first..

Is the stock AOD transmission as hydraulically sensitive as I think it is? Tranny was driven for what I assume was several months with a busted and twist-tied TV cable....prev. owner was a ******* MORON...now I took the car to the tranny shop and they replaced the cable, and the guy there said he upped the pressure to make it shift better. By the way..the guy at the shop said it was running on LOW pressure, not high..even though the transmission shifted extremely prematurely. Now....this made me shudder... Correct me if I'm wrong, but, isn't that the WORST thing you can do to blow a hydraulic tranny up??

Second...just an FYI question. This SAME tranny shop serviced my rear end..not only did they re-use my original cover, which is actually BENT and will not seal so it leaks rear end fluid badly, but....they didn't even put friction modifier in the freakin gear lube. Long story short, I took it to another place that did the job the RIGHT way...just wondering what the friction modifier's exact purpose is. I assume running without it won't cause any harm to the differential, but it will cause the POSI to not work right?

Thanks guys

Current stats: NEW 302 short block, E-303 cam (@.050, 220/220, .498/.498, 110 degrees), 1.6 roller rockers, Performer RPM heads (aluminum, 1.9/1.6, 60cc chambers), Cobra intake, Granatelli 75mm MAF, Billet AFPR, Equal-Length Shorty Headers, Off-Road X Pipe, Flowmasters, 4.10 POSI

13.73 at 103.8, ~2.2 60'
Nixon1 is offline   Reply With Quote