MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-26-2002, 01:04 PM   #1
EmptyWallet
Registered Member

Exclamation Ok, Its that time again. I'm on the prowl and interested in everything. Ive searched

Ok, Its that time again. I'm on the prowl and interested in everything. Ive searched and searched and found a good number of clips, but as always, I want more and it would give a good base for people like myself to make decisions off of. So, that said, all who can, post up your exhaust clips!!! Please include what your exhaust setup consists of and what year GT or cobra you have!! Lets not let this thread go to waste like all the others!!
EmptyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 01:11 PM   #2
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

What, you don't want to hear any LX's?!?! j/k

I don't know how to attach sound clips - sorry.

However, give us more info so that we can help you. Specifically, do you want to run with or without catalytic converters? Big difference in sound here! Also, are you interested in purchasing a complete exhaust system, or just a cat-back system? Again, big difference. What year Mustang do you have? 86-93/94-95/96-98/99+? And what kind? GT, LX, Cobra?

You gotta help us, so that we can help you!
E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 01:18 PM   #3
EmptyWallet
Registered Member

I have a 95 GT. I DO NOT want cats. I'm going either OR H or OR X, not sure about what brands. The X, i was thinking either Bassani or the new VRS pipe everyone is talking about. the H, well I'm not sure about the H. I was thinking of going longtubes as well. There really isnt a budget here, if its expensive, but I think it sounds good, I'll buy it. Ive heard alot of talk about that straight through muffs work best with X pipes, and Chambered work better with Hpipes, but it seems as alot of people are getting away from that theory, I see alot of X pipes and flows, and alot of H pipes and magnaflows. I'm just not sure right now. Thats why I want sound files, ive heard alot, but not enough to make a decision. I want to hear something and say "Damn thats awesome!!". There are alot of things I like the sound of. I'm just looking to hear more clips of a variety of things.
EmptyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 03:14 PM   #4
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

FYI - sometimes sound clips on the internet and the real world can sound quite different. You may want to go to the track or local race scene and listen there.

What type of sound are you looking for? Deep? Loud? Loud only under acceleration? What about power? Sounds like you care more about the sound than power? Also, what other mods do you currently have?

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 06:03 PM   #5
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Here's an old clip of my car.

The setup is as seen in my sig. I'm running 2 chamber Flowmasters. This clip was taken after I had hollowed two of my cats. In otherwords, I was still running 2 cats on the stock H-pipe. Also, I was running the stock headers, intake, TB, and MAF.

A lot of work has been done since then, and the car sounds much meaner....I'll try to get a new clip up ASAP.

Also, the clip quality isn't that great. I took it with a camcorder and ended up getting a little too close to the rear of the car...you hear that whine...that's my fuel pump. Still need to replace it.

My exhaust

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote