MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-17-2001, 10:12 PM   #1
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Question Trick Flow Stage 1 cam - Which rockers?

I just ordered a Trick Flow Stage 1 cam and was wondering what would be the best rockers to use with this cam. I have the stock heads for now which have had a fairly aggressive port job done on them plus they have a 3 angle valve job, and have been deck milled .030". I don't care if I have to buy pedestal mount rockers now just to save a little cash for extra machine work because that will probably help me sell these heads when I buy my new ones.

Also... for those of you that have used this cam, how does it idle? I'm hoping it has some lope to it but have no idea of the specs because it was recommended to me by a friend who builds Stangs so I got it. I probably should have done more research, but I have been told by a few other people that this cam would do good for me.

Thanks.

------------------
Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 10:25 PM   #2
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

i'd bet most guys on here would tell ya to go with some 1.6RR's, this isnt fair Kevin your gettin all this stuff on your car for the upcoming event and your gonna whoop my butt this time, well that is if i even get my car running right

------------------
88 Notchback 5.0, 3.73's, Explorer intake, pulleys, Crane 1.7's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air kit, motorsport wires, MSD coil, upper and lower control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best time- 13.99@99.75, not yet tested times after rocker and intake install
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 10:42 PM   #3
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

You'll get it figured out by then man. Keep the faith! If you don't you'll have to get it over to my house some day soon and I'll try to get a couple friends to come down and look at it. I has to be something simple.

1.6's sound like the way to go. 1.7's sound like I'd have to have the pistons cut

Oh yeah, if you want Drew you can borrow my cold air kit for a few runs hehe. I guess I'm not going to be the slow guy this time
------------------
Buy your parts here

[This message has been edited by 2FastLX (edited 03-18-2001).]
Old 03-18-2001, 02:22 AM   #4
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

All right. I'm getting varying stories here by a friend. He says I can't use this cam with shaved stock heads. Please help!

------------------
Buy your parts here