MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-23-2001, 04:17 PM   #1
rel3rd
BarneyCar Pilot

Question Anyone go from an S trim, to a YS trim??

Are you glad that you did?? I'm overspinning my S trim (16#'s@56,000 impeller rpms), and am going to swap for a YS Renegade setup. Anyone here done this? and what were your results?

------------------

You must be FAST...
cuz you wuz FLYIN'...
when I PASSED YOU!

My "BARNEY" car

rel3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 08:02 AM   #2
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Hey rel whats up? My buddy went from a T to a YS and it made a nice difference and had very good results at the track, not real sure on the specific's though, but he trashed a bearing in the YS and went to a XX.I guess some nice 9 sec passes are in your future huh? Did you get that rear installed? How is it?

Are you going to Mason on Sat for the All Ford day? I can't make it but I'm going Sunday to make my forst passes with this clutch, hopefully to snag that 11 sec pass.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension, SPEC stage III clutch, Lakewood SFI bell, S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon! <B
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 09:05 AM   #3
rel3rd
BarneyCar Pilot

Smile

Hey Rick,
Can't make the Mason/Dixon thing. I'm trying to get my YS on and ready (as in re-tuned) for the 75/80 thing in October. Hopefully for a repeat win in the power adder/DOT tire class. You going to be there for your N-A/DOT tire title defense also?

I did get the Moser spool and 33 spline axles in. Money well spent! I was a litle skeptical about a spool on the street, but it is barely noticeable.

I think you're just a few shifts away from an 11 second pass. Good Luck!

Don't forget about the Fall SuperStallion Nats at Cecil on November 3rd. We just got word that Michael Johnson from 5.0 magazine will be there...Coverage from the Spring Nats is going be in one of the upcoming MM&FF magazines.
www.superstallions.com

[This message has been edited by rel3rd (edited 08-24-2001).]
Old 08-24-2001, 09:51 AM   #4
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Don't worry I'll be there to defend my title

I may have my Accel DFI on by then also, I plan on going to Heffner's on the 22nd of Sept for a Dyno session also. I will be at that Cecil event for sure, nice sea level cold air.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension, SPEC stage III clutch, Lakewood SFI bell, S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon! <B
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 09:59 AM   #5
rel3rd
BarneyCar Pilot

Exclamation

SSOTN Nats Official Information Page
The SSOTN Fall Nationals will once again be held at Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, MD on November 3, 2001. Gates open at 8am and we have the track until 4pm that afternoon. We will be running test and tune all day and our popular Grudge Run format in the afternoon! There are plenty of Grudges already set up with more to come. The racing will be intense!

Price for the event is $40 for SSOTN Members, $50 for non-members. If you choose to pay at the gate the fee is $60. There is a $5 spectator/crew fee required by Cecil County Dragway. Refreshment stands will be open all day. There will also be a photographer on site to take pictures of our cars. They will be for sale just like at E-Town and other major events.

Directions to Cecil County Dragway:
From Baltimore:
Take I-95 to Exit 100, Rising Sun, MD
Make left at Exit
Make left at red light
(Route 274)
Go 1/2 mile make left
(Theodore Road)
Race Track is on the left.
From Route 40:
Make a left on to Route 272
Follow signs to the track
From Philadelphia:
Take I-95 to Exit 100, Rising Sun, MD
(Route 272)
Bare Right
Make left at red light (Route 274)
Go ½ mile make a left on Theodore rd
Race track will be on left

Schedule:
**Everyone Must Read**

This is the schedule we will be following for the weekend of the Nats.

Be sure to stop by the host hotel, the Crystal Inn to meet and hang out with your fellow club members, as some of us will be arriving Friday afternoon/evening.

8:30 Gates open
8:45 Driver Meeting MANDATORY* see below
9:00 Tech opens
9:00 Racing begins (open)
12:30 Grudge Matches
1:30 Racing resumes (open)
4:00 Secure track

Tech will be handled by the crew at Cecil. Be sure you have all your racing equipment and that you adhere to the safety regulations in accordance with your vehicle's ET/mph.

The driver's meeting is mandatory. It is not just for new drivers, it is for everyone. We will go over the schedule, explain where and how to tech in, and general rules of racing. This is also a chance to meet your fellow club members. After the drivers meeting you will be directed into the tech area to be tech inspected for the race.

Of course, if grudge matches end earlier, we start open racing earlier. If it runs a little later, open racing will start later. Alot depends on how things go. We are planning a day of fun and racing, please do your part to understand the schedule and ensure things go as smooth as possible.

After racing is concluded at 4pm, please speak to the club staff if you are interested in attending any dinner/evening get togethers. After all, its not just about racing.

Hotel Info:

Here is the final hotel information for the SSOTN Spring Nats! The host hotel once again will be the Crystal Inn.
The Address is:

Crystal Inn
Lums Road And Route # 272
North East, MD 21901

Directions can be gotten from mapquest by entering the address.
Room rates are $79/night for a king size bed. If you have never been there before, the Crystal Inn is a very nice hotel and best of all its literally minutes from the track. Please Read This For Hotel Reservations!

Crystal Inn accepts Visa/Mastercard/Discover/Amex/Diners Club so you should have no problems. If you have any special preferences, like smoking/non smoking, specific place in the hotel like I know our dear Mr Tumas wants to be right outside the parking lot to be sure that 1994 Cobra guy doesn't try anything with the QUIK HUH mobile , please let them know when you call and I have been told they will do their best to accommodate.

If you have any questions, please let us know either in the forum or in email if you prefer at btumas@superstallions.com .

Once we know who is coming we can set up caravans for people who are traveling along the same route.

Thanks and can't wait to see you there.

SSOTN Staff

[This message has been edited by rel3rd (edited 08-24-2001).]