View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 09:12 AM   #4
Mustvid
Registered Member

Thanks for both responses. These are the stock injectors and this was the first time they have been pulled since I've owned the car. We recently pulled the oil pan and inspected the cylinder walls and they looked very clean. Nothing out of the normal. So, I can't say where the pintle is. The plug from that cylinder had a more yellow look than the others and my car has been running rich. We pulled codes last night with OTC 4000E EOKO and nothing showed up.

We actually replaced the stockers with some from an Explorer (don't know what year) but the car won't start. Fuel pump turns on, we have fuel pressure and car turns over but sounds like it's not getting fuel in the cylinders. We did an ohm test on these injectors before installation and they checked out okay. I guess they could be clogged or not be the correct impedence (not sure if I know what that means). The bottom line is the car won't start and seems the injectors are the problem.

This is why I was asking about the using the stockers again. If I can't use the Explorer injectors or my stockers I will need to find some good used ones.
92 Coupe, Wild Strawberry, Black interior, Jasper Perf AOD, 3:73's
Kanaen Hood, Polished Typhoon Intake.March Underdrives, Mac Cold Air, Mac Ceramic Longtube headers, Flowmaster 2 Chamber, Mac Pro Chamber, Black Magic Fan, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Accufab 65mm TB, MSD Coil, MSD6BTM, 1.7r rockers, FMS 9mm wires
Mustvid is offline   Reply With Quote