MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-02-2001, 11:23 PM   #1
zeiger
Registered Member

Question Tuner/Dyno shop in NorCal?

I have an 88 GT that I have put a new GT-40 cast iron head long block in with intake, MAF, etc. and built aod with 2800rpm stall converter. The car screams when I race it, however I have never had it tuned/dynoed. It surges at aitle a lot of times, and when I put it in gear it likes to stall if the idle isn't right, sometimes necessitating a light powerbrake. I know that the B cam that came in the car is not supposed to be compatible with the stock AOD, but mine is not stock. I would like to have the car tuned and dynoed, maybe have a chip burned. I live in Sacramento and would be willing to travel to the bay to have this done. If anyone could recommend a good tuner it would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.
zeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 01:36 PM   #2
zeiger
Registered Member

TTT
Old 01-04-2001, 10:03 PM   #3
zeiger
Registered Member

TTT
Old 01-05-2001, 10:42 AM   #4
cleangreenmachine

Hey Zeiger-

I live in Sacramento as well. There is a shop behind Sacramento Mustang (on Auburn Blvd.) that is kind of the maintenance extension of their store. I don't know if they do this kind of work or not, but you might want to check into if you haven't already...

While I've never dealt with the maintenance shop, I just recently discovered Sacto Mustang and have lately been going there for parts. The people in the shop are friendly and knowledgeable and many of them drive Fox-body Mustangs. On their website you can check out their rides.

Also, if their shop can't do what you need it never hurts to ask if they know of anywhere. I'm sure their employees have used a nearby dyno at some point.

Good luck...
------------------
Greg
91 LX Convertible

[This message has been edited by cleangreenmachine (edited 01-05-2001).]
Old 01-05-2001, 05:41 PM   #5
TM88GT
Registered Member

Here in the Bay Area we all go to Mustang Ranch for dyno time. Byron@racesystems.com is the local chip tuner.

------------------
TM88GT

TM88GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 03:09 AM   #6
AaronC
Registered Member

Zieger,

A lot of the LS1 guys get their cars dynoed at Auto Expressions in Sacramento. They will be setting up a dyno day in early Feb. It'll cost 50 bucks and you get at least 3 pulls. Visit www.norcal-ls1.com and look under GTG's. They don't mind mustang guys coming along and they are a bunch of cool guys.

------------------
3.55 gears, short shifter, BBK headers, Mac Pro Chamber, Mac Cat Back, C&L mass air, Nitto DR's, Nitrous Works nitrous 50-175

Best ET's:
14.14 @ 98 NA
13.46 @ 104 80 shot
with a worn traction lok and 60's in the 2.12-2.2 range.

Up next: Longtubes, short belt and a new differential
AaronC is offline   Reply With Quote