MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-11-2002, 10:50 AM   #1
RodsByRad
Registered Member

Default Tuner software/hardware for turbo setup?

I will be getting a turbo setup for my '95 GT in the few weeks. I'm looking for advice on what you guys use to tune yours with. I have a laptop already set aside for this purpose, also have some spares if you guys are interested. Nothing high powered (fairly cheap) but fine for this purpose.

Anyway, I'm a n00b to tuning, so give me some feedback.
'95 GT - 17x11/17x9.5 American Torq Thrust II's, Yokohama AVS Sports, MAC Longtubes, 2-chamber Flowmasters
RodsByRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 04:45 PM   #2
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Default Re: Tuner software/hardware for turbo setup?

Quote:
Originally posted by RodsByRad
I will be getting a turbo setup for my '95 GT in the few weeks. I'm looking for advice on what you guys use to tune yours with. I have a laptop already set aside for this purpose, also have some spares if you guys are interested. Nothing high powered (fairly cheap) but fine for this purpose.

Anyway, I'm a n00b to tuning, so give me some feedback.
Most guys are running the tweezer (sp?) setup now. There are supposed to be some really good yahoo boards with alot of good information concerning using them. I haven't done alot of research into them yet, I progressing with other things on the car first and was going to get a dyno tune and chip burnt (if I need it) for now, them look into it.

Sometimes you can find an old DFI setup on some of the mustang sites for sale. My friend runs one in is GN and it seems to do everything for him, if you can find one.
Old 06-11-2002, 07:44 PM   #3
Casper5.0
Registered Member

I use the EEC tuner, there is a yahoo group for it. It takes a while to get used to the format but it's really not tough at all. I don't use the graphical interface software so i can't really tell you anything about it. I've been really happy with the way it has worked for me so far. You can check it out at www.eec-tuner.com. From what i understand the new twEECer r/t doesn't come out for a while, i might be wrong about that though. There's a lot more people using these programmers over on www.corral.net in the 94-95 section you could ask this there. You can also go to the yahoo group for eec tuner and ask all your questions there, there's guys that have used the tuner much more than i have there. Hope this helps you out.

RYAN
94 cobra, steeda tri-ax, bbk longtubes, dr. gas x pipe, eec tuner, ultra flo's, 65 mm tb, underdrives, 75 mm MAF, homemade CAI, steeda #19 cam, Steeda LCA's, 3.73's, subframes

13.7 @ 103.03 before cam and gears
Casper5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 10:14 AM   #4
RodsByRad
Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I will try those items. I noticed that you are in Norman. I am about 40mi east of Tulsa myself. I heard there was a tuner in the OKC area but never found out who it was. Do you know who it is?

Are you going to be at the ford/shelby even at the Tulsa International Raceway this weekend? I plan on going on Saturday to see if I can get a look at some turbo cars and make some contacts as most of my friends wear bowties.

Rad...

Quote:
Originally posted by Casper5.0
I use the EEC tuner, there is a yahoo group for it. It takes a while to get used to the format but it's really not tough at all. I don't use the graphical interface software so i can't really tell you anything about it. I've been really happy with the way it has worked for me so far. You can check it out at www.eec-tuner.com. From what i understand the new twEECer r/t doesn't come out for a while, i might be wrong about that though. There's a lot more people using these programmers over on www.corral.net in the 94-95 section you could ask this there. You can also go to the yahoo group for eec tuner and ask all your questions there, there's guys that have used the tuner much more than i have there. Hope this helps you out.

RYAN
'95 GT - 17x11/17x9.5 American Torq Thrust II's, Yokohama AVS Sports, MAC Longtubes, 2-chamber Flowmasters
RodsByRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 04:41 PM   #5
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

I would suggest looking into a Speed-Pro tuning system (Formely FAST). Most of your big Pro 5.0 Turbo cars tune theirs with that.

Eric
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote