MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-01-2001, 03:26 PM   #1
8ur-vet
Registered Member

Question turbocharging '89 SHO needs help!!! (sorry its not mstng related)

My goal is to achieve 330 hp from my SHO and to do this I need 9 psi of boost. For my turbos I would use 1 or 2 rebuilt turbos from the late 80's dodge cars.I realize some fabrication would be needed. I would also make use of the MSD 6btm ignition to controll timing when the boost increases. Im just wondering about the air/fuel mixture and how I would go about adjusting and controlling that all oof your info is greatly apprecieated. Thanks.
8ur-vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 03:47 PM   #2
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

Hmmm...I know a qualified guy that might help you with the info you need. "Vadim" from the SHO Shop in Huntington Beach, CA is the man with the answers. By the way, I drove one of his SHOs last Friday that was equipped with a 3.2L, cams, intake and exhaust. Pretty impressive little motor.

------------------
'91 LX
Procharger, 3 row intercooler, extrude honed Cobra intake, Mac full Length Headers, 30# inj., 73mm C&L, 75mm tb, E303 cam, 289 rods, ported E7 heads, MSD, T-Rex w/255 lph Walbro, 5 lug conversion, Cobra R wheels, 3.27 gears and Moser Axles.
NO SLO PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 09:28 AM   #3
spinemup
Registered Member

how many people told you that its impossible to turbocharge your sho? well add me to the list. that engine bay is soooo crammed, i realy don't think youd be able to do it. a vortech would work, but even if you got the 330 horses to the ground your tranny would blow into sreds after about 2 runs. the sho trannys suck. good luck.
spinemup is offline   Reply With Quote