MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-04-2001, 07:18 PM   #1
redrider
Registered Member

Question gotta know dart senior heads or edlebrock aluminum for a 347 to 351 swap

I have a Coast High 347 stroker EFI that only make 300 rear wheel hp. I have a chance to get a rockin 351 with weisco pistons 750 Holley double pumper and high rise manifold. My mechanic says it easily beats the 347 stroker. Are the cast iron Dart heads better than the Edlebrock aluminums w 1.9 & 1.6 valves?

Please advise getting the motors swapped tommorow.

Thanks

------------------
88 GT mass air conversion from 90lx, Cobra Intake(ported/polished lower),Edlebrock Heads(ported/polished),24# injectors 70 mm BBK TB, 73mm C&L, 347 SB, Wolverine custom cam, 150 shot Nitrous, BBK 1 3/4 long tubes, BBK off road H pipe, Dynomax cat back, alum driveshaft, Konis,Southside Bars w chromemoly torque boxes,AOD w lentech valve body, B&M MegaShifter, 4.10 with Auburn diff, SVO springs, subs, cross drilled rotors,MSD A6 w ign retard, black magic fan etc.
redrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 11:51 PM   #2
juiceman
Registered Member

for that motor the windsor sr are a good choice. they will perform better than the edelbrock heads. and cheaper. if you can, get the windsors cleaned up like a stage 1 porting. the castings are a little rough and a cleanup porting helps alot.
juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 03:33 PM   #3
Oldschoolpony
Registered Member

Talking

Sounds more like a wimpy stroker. I ran my car on a dyno, on 7 cyls and the wrong plugs(shallow threads) with unmodified Dart Jr's( plugs fouled on the way to the shop 79 miles) and got 269 RWHP and smoked out the entire shop with fuel fumes lol.. I've seen 347's running over 450 RWHP when they're done right.
Needless to say, the car is at the shop getting completely refreshed.(motor)
Oldschoolpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 10:39 PM   #4
richs8750
Registered Member

I have Dart Sr heads on my 347, they work! but AFR heads will be next, the Darts have some bowl cleanup and a good valve job and Comp springs. Sundays run at the track was a 11.84 @113.7 and will pass emissions, not bad!
richs8750 is offline   Reply With Quote