MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-12-2002, 09:02 PM   #1
FiveORookie
Registered Member

Default Vaccum line and other garbage

Awww man what an adventure in the world of automotive crap... Don't me just babbling on..

FIrst problem: I need to know where the vaccum line coming off the front of the manifold (just behond the distributor goes to) I notice it just hanging there and stuck a pen in it to keep it from leaking. Yeah I know a but of Cuban engineering.... anyways.

Second problem: I pull my codes KOEO codes and I'm a getting a EGR sensor problem code 33 or 34 don't remember exactly. Any way of bypassing it or just unplugging the darn thing. I'm also getting another code for the right side O2 sensor... Right side standing infront of the car or sitting in. I already changed the driver side so I'm assuming passenger is needing replacement.

Third and most expensive problem:
So I'm cruising on I 95 with my fiancee heading to the beach last night. I was in 5 th gear cruising at about 60 when I heard a loud gunk like something broke and I lost my fifth gear completely.. I know its time for a rebuild because I'm grinding second and now third.. What rebuild kit would anyone reccomend or might it just be better to by a used one until I can get a better tranny.

Man the troubles of having a American sports car with 160,000 miles. BTW its an 87 5.0 5 speed with aboslutely NO mods.. Just bought it 17,000 miles ago 5 months ago!!!!!!
FiveORookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 02:28 AM   #2
Bad89stang
Registered Member

Default Vacuum line

The vacuum line that you are talking about goes to the charcoal canister. It hooks into a valve and then on to the canister. Many people who are not running a smog pump bypass the charcoal canister.
Old 12-13-2002, 02:59 PM   #3
FiveORookie
Registered Member

Thanks for the advice. So can I just cap it off if I have plans of taking off my smog pump and cats??? Any idea of the EGR??? How will taking off the canister and smog pump affect my egr...
FiveORookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 07:18 PM   #4
Bad89stang
Registered Member

Default Smog

Just cap off the vacuum line going to the charcoal cannister. With the smog pump removed, you can just cap off the smog lines coming from the heads and the one going to the H-pipe or leave it all in tact and just run a shorter belt. The EGR system will be fine with all of this bypassed.
Bad89stang is offline   Reply With Quote