MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-10-2001, 11:34 PM   #1
AWestlx
Registered Member

Question Which valve cover will fit

All right guys, which valve cover will clear the roller rockers that I just installed! I have Edelbrock heads and intake. On the driver's side, I can hear the rockers tapping the top of the cover. It's not very load, and contact marks on the inside are very faint, but I certainly don't want to rev it up in this condition. I tried using two gaskets but still no good. Will a taller cover clear the upper intake plenum?
AWestlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 10:53 AM   #2
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

I have Edelbrock 6032's (3/8" stud mount) with 1.6 Crane Energizer roller rockers, Edelbrock Performer 5.0 intake, and have my stock valve covers over them. I had to grind off the insides and take out the oil baffles, and then the fit just fine.

Otherwise the ford motorsport tall covers, or the comp polymers covers will work. Moroso makes a set too, but it all depends on how much you want to spend. Comp's Polymer covers are inexpensive.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 01:38 AM   #3
Daves 95GT
Registered Member

I have AFR 185 cc heads on my 95 and i have 7/16" rockers. i had to grind down the baffle slightly on the passenger side valve cover, BUT DONT REMOVE IT COMPLETLY, this will keep oil from beig sucked into your intake through the vaccum line. i also had to use 2 shorter poly locks on number one cylinder on the intake and exhaust. also, i had to use a double thick felpro valve cover gasket the has steel in between two cork layers. the valve covers i used were fms 6582-d302, which are stock 91-93 that are chrome plated.
Daves 95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 07:27 PM   #4
mustanger82
Registered Member

DOnt use 2 gaskets thats a leak begging to happen ummm any edlebrok tall profile gaskets will work but if you are using a stock intake thats not an option umm best advise is to head to your local speed shop I am sure edlebrock or moroso has the exact valve covers you are looking for .
Also if the rockers are ticking now they prolly were banging that first few rotations of your motor, and you've prolly bent a push rod or bent a stud/bolt or both so even after you get the right covers check your pushrods and rockers b4 you go revvin the snot outa yer motor!
my 2 cents
Sean Kisch
mustanger82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 08:23 AM   #5
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I went with Ford Racing tall valve covers. I didn't really need them because I had my stock ones clearenced enough to work, but they didn't look near as good as these do

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that going with these valve covers caused me to have to use a 1" phenolic spacer because the valve covers were too tall to fit under the intake. If you want some dimensions of these covers let me know via email and I'll get them for you. They cost $100 from damn near anywhere.

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241

[This message has been edited by 2FastLX (edited 09-14-2001).]
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 01:18 PM   #6
SlowStang2
Registered Member

Unhappy

Ugh. Does this mean if I want to install 1.7 rrs on my 94 block, I will run into the same problem using the stock valve covers?

------------------
94' Stang GT Convertible --Cobra upper&lower, GT-40Y Turbo Swirl aluminum heads, Mac cold air w/K&N, BBK equal length shorties, BBK offroad H-pipe, American Thunder cat-back, BBK T/B 65mm, 24lb injectors, Pro-77mm MAM, pulleys, aluminum driveshaft, 3.55s, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, adjustable fuel regulator, Steeda strut tower and subframes 14.2@102 MPH on G-tech;?MPH at track. I know, I know I am working on it.
SlowStang2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 04:32 PM   #7
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

the only problem that you should run into is if you dont remove or grind down the baffle on the passenger side cover

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframes, 65mm TB, March ram air ,MSD coil, U/L control arms, 155lph f/p, Crane Adj.FPR, Nitto drag radials, best 1/4--> 13.76@101.4 on a 2.17 60ft
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote