Thread: Valve Covers
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2002, 10:11 AM   #3
srv1
Get down.....

Default Re: Valve Covers

Quote:
Originally posted by NotchJohnson
Hey guys, Im looking to get some new valve covers to put on when i swap my heads and intake. Ive donr a few searches and found that there have been some problems with certain valve covers clearinf the intake. I am going to be running a corba intake on top of gt40 irons. Can tall valve covers fit underneath the intake? I also have 1.6 rr's. I like the fms aluminum covers with the ford motorsports logo on them in black writing. I f you guys could give me some info on what ones will and wont work I would appreciate it. I dont want to run into problems later on. Thanks Alot - John
i just redid my heads. check out my sig. i bought a set of Trick Flow valve covers from my buddy for $50 to clear my 1.7's. these are really tall! i researched also about the FRPP valve covers and most of them said they will not clear the RR's. Only the tall ones of FRPP would. What i had to do is use a 1/2" and a 3/4" phenolic spacer to clear the throttle linkage and had to repostion my vacuum for my PCV. i used a brass plug. then i had to modify the thottle bracket to clear the tall valve covers. so all in all you got to find valve covers that work with the 1.7's and also geet a phenolic spacer to clear what i just mentioned.

i have a friend who is running 1.7's on FRPP valve covers and they are not the tall ones either. some say they wont fit some say they will.