MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-12-2003, 08:02 AM   #1
MATTKNIGHT
Registered Member

Default PKRWUD, some advice please

This is an addition to the "my car runnig lean" post I made a few days ago. Help would be appreciated.

Alright, just to make sure it wasnt my fuel press I checked it w/ vaccuum discon. I read 39 psi at idle. Seems to me this should be good. I am getting fed up with the car so last night I started working on it. I took the top end of the motor off, including the heads. I saw no problems, even replaced all the gaskets to be sure no probs would occur. There is a crossover tub on the back of the heads, I plugged the heads instead of reinstalling the tube. During reassembly I decided to ditch all the emissions **** on the pass side of the eng. (down by the headers) I left the smog pump on and didnt plug it. The EGR is just flowing free. I plugged the vaccuum lines running to all the valves associated with the emissions stuff. After finishing everything I take the car for a drive. It fell flat on its face, stumbling like a maniac anywhere above 2800 RPM at wot. I am pissed. I cant get this thing to run right. PLEASE any more advice?? I am on the verge of selling this POS and buying an 03 Cobra.

---- also, I checked for any vaccuum leaks with propane while the car was running but didnt find anything. Thought you might recommend that I try that, now you can rule that out.

Thanx guys
Old 06-12-2003, 09:00 AM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Sale it and get the 03' Cobra

Sounds like it could be a bad mass air sensor to me.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 12:35 AM   #3
PKRWUD

Honestly, it could be a million things. I have no idea why you butchered it the way you did, but that was your choice. It could be a MAF problem, but I suspect it's more than that. You should try and run KOEO codes. You're gonna get a bunch because of all you did, but there still might be a clue in there somewhere.

When it was running lean, did it have a miss, or was it just lean? Were there any codes then?
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 01:00 AM   #4
slider
Registered Member

what is it doing

describe it with great detail
Cobra intakes
1.7 Rockers
Custom Cam