MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-07-2001, 11:51 AM   #1
5.0-man
Registered Member

Question Vortech S/Charger guys--advice please!

I recently built a 89 coupe with a N/A 306. Combo is the following:
Pro-M 77mm
70mm T.Body
Edelbrock RPM manifold
Trick Flows heads
Eagle rods
stock crank
long tube hedders etc... Well the question is about my pistons. I have 10:1 trick flow pistons. My car ran a best so far of 12.33 @110mph. It recently slowed down to 12.50s. Havent found the problem yet. But I would like the car to run 11.50s. What supercharger would I need to run these numbers and would I need to lower my compression? I know I COULD run the A-trim for sure with these pistons, but I don't know if it would be enough to run 11.50. Any help by experience would be appreciated. Scott

------------------
1989 LX Coupe, N/A 306. Pro-M 77mm,70mm T.body,Edelbrock RPM intake,TrickFlow heads,Crane cam,Eagle rods,10.1 pistons,Hooker long tubes,MSD 6-AL,C-4 W/3800 stall,4.11 gears,SSM's 12.33 @ 110 mph. Car is still being dialed in. Pictures and info on my webpage. (LA Mustangs) http://www.louisianamustangs.com
5.0-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 12:18 PM   #2
Darkside
Registered Member

5.0 Man I don't think you will have a problem with the comprssion and S-Trim. I run same compression on my Notch with 347, only difference is I'm running a Pro Charger with a 3 row Inner cooler, and you can get the mondo from Vortech if you do need it. I was going the Vortech way my self but went with the Pro Charger only because of Product support in my area was better. I am totally happy with mine and NO problems so far with about 10k on it. Your # should be easily reached, and better if tuned properly.

------------------
89 Notchback 347 Trick flow heads and intake bbk full length headers 3.73 Pro Charger with 3 row intercooler and much much more
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 12:21 PM   #3
Darkside
Registered Member

5.0 Man I don't think you will have a problem with the comprssion and S-Trim. I run same compression on my Notch with 347, only difference is I'm running a Pro Charger with a 3 row Inner cooler, and you can get the mondo from Vortech if you do need it. I was going the Vortech way my self but went with the Pro Charger only because of Product support in my area was better. I am totally happy with mine and NO problems so far with about 10k on it. Your # should be easily reached, and better if tuned properly.

------------------
89 Notchback 347 Trick flow heads and intake bbk full length headers 3.73 Pro Charger with 3 row intercooler and much much more
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: