MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-16-2001, 12:19 AM   #1
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

Post wanna do more stuff... need help!!!

Ok here the deal just got my bills payed off and got some money saved and the car is on the paint shop... i wanna do some more stuff to it... ok heres my list... if i can get sojme help on what size brand ect...

THROTTLE BODY... 65 or 70??? Brand???
MASS AIR... SIZE??? brand???
injectors size (prob 24's...)
feul system upgrades (any at all)....
rear end (3.55 -3.73)
ECM upgrades (saleen ecm, cobra ecm)
chips (diablo, jet???)
AND ANY OTHER THINKS THAT I MAY NEED OR WANT
please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
ALL NEW PPG Torch Red 95GT, 304ci ballanced and blueprinted block 9.75:1 comp, Forged pistons, King Cobra Clutch, Steda Tri-ax shifter, quadrant and adjuster, Ported Explorer Intake, E-303 cam, fully ported and polished and milled E-7 heads, stock MAF, BBK Adj. fuel Reg & gauge, BBK Shorty Headers, BBK H-pipe, March Pulleys, 2 Chamber Flowmasters, Kenny Brown 6 point Roll cage, Kenny Brown Panhard Bar, Powerslot Rotors, 2001 Mustang PBR twin piston calipers, Eibach Sportline Springs, 180* Thermostat, 1/2 Plenum Spacer, MSD 6AL, MSD Master Blaster, MSD 8.8 Wires, AFS 10.5" Cobra R's, Nitto NT 555s

[This message has been edited by Patrick Boetticher (edited 08-16-2001).]
Patrick Boetticher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 12:36 AM   #2
Super_Stang
Registered Member

REAR GEARS! i got 3.73 in mind and they make all the difference! those gears will give your car better feel... also youwon't lose any topspeed cause your 5th gear will be more drawn out ... you may lose mpg in town but highway more than likely not. your speedo will be off also.. K&N are good improvements also.

just my 2 cents though
Super_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 12:55 AM   #3
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

my buddie has 3.73 and the damn thing cant get traction (his drivg thought) 3.55 seem to be the best bet right in the middle... i know i know i need a k&N... prob a world of a diffence... i sold it in a pinch so i could get the valve covers so the roller rockers would clear.. the night before the new motor was started (not in sig)....
i wanna do all those things i mentuion need help though
Old 08-16-2001, 11:18 AM   #4
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

got a question...
the little pins that hold in the wheathter stripping at the ends of the strip... where can i get those (there little meatl pins that look like thumb tacks on steroids...)

help!!!

------------------
ALL NEW PPG Torch Red 95GT, 304ci block, Forged pistons, Ported Explorer Intake, E-303 cam, fully ported and polished and milled E-7 heads, 75mm MAS, BBK Adj. fuel Reg & gauge, BBK Shorty Headers, BBK H-pipe, March Pulleys, 2 Chamber Flowmasters, Kenny Brown 6 point Roll cage, Kenny Brown Panhard Bar, Powerslot Rotors, PBR twin piston calipers, Eibach Sportline Springs, 180* Thermostat, 1/2 Plenum Spacer, MSD 6AL, MSD Master Blaster, MSD 8.8 Wires, 24# Racing Injectors, AFS 10.5" Cobra R's, Nit
Old 08-16-2001, 02:31 PM   #5
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Im lookin at your combo, and a 65mm throttle body with probably a Vortech 73mm Maf would be a good combo and be the best price.

3.73's make traction tough on the street unless you got some good tires. Trust me I know . You can't go too wrong either way the 3.73's or the 3.55's.

If you have a 155+ pump you'll be fine.

I would go for a custom chip, or get an older computer, A9L or A9S or something, as those 94/95's aren't very good from what I hear. Saleen and Cobra aren't anything.

It says you have 24lbers in your sig already. But as of now, I would just save the money and stick with the 19's, adjusting your fuel pressure up as needed.

Everything else looks good!

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS TW Heads, E-303, Edelbrock intake, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8 shorties, Off Road H, 3 Chamber flows, Jaz Race seats, Back seat removed, sub-frames, Roll Cage, and a 80 shot of N20.
12.54@107.4 Motor
332RWHP, 350rwtq
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 02:22 AM   #6
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

yeah i know the sig says 24. had 24s sold em need $$$ for motor...

yeah you got a point about the gears/tires he's got pretty cheap ones and there only 245s. i got nittos 285s so id probly benifit from 373..

ok 155gph didnt know where to start..thx

the computers im my years absolutly suck... im probly going for a cobra comp w/a custom chip..., 24 injectors and a new mass... the one thats is in there is a 75mm... it came/the car dunno whats up /that though...
dont want to mess w/ the older computer swap herd it wasnt just a swap cuz the pins are differnt and some of the sensors are different... if its a plug and play thing ill do it...
well thanks for the help!!! any more opinions would help alot....

SKY: i thought i heard of bottle blown racing... they are right around the building form where i used to work and where my car is being painted at!!! KOSMIC KUSTOMS (formely DOYON DESIGNS)
ILL HAVE PICS BY FRIDAY UP!!!

------------------
ALL NEW PPG Torch Red 95GT, 304ci block, Forged pistons, Ported Explorer Intake, E-303 cam, fully ported and polished and milled E-7 heads, 75mm MAS, BBK Adj. fuel Reg & gauge, BBK Shorty Headers, BBK H-pipe, March Pulleys, 2 Chamber Flowmasters, Kenny Brown 6 point Roll cage, Kenny Brown Panhard Bar, Powerslot Rotors, PBR twin piston calipers, Eibach Sportline Springs, 180* Thermostat, 1/2 Plenum Spacer, MSD 6AL, MSD Master Blaster, MSD 8.8 Wires, 24# Racing Injectors, AFS 10.5" Cobra R's, Nit
Old 08-18-2001, 06:04 PM   #7
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Yep, they are right there in Camarillo.
I would skip that Cobra computer. Its worse than the GT computer. I would go with a custom chip setup for the computer you have.

The 24lb injectors probably arent really all thaat necessary. Your 19's should hold up fine with that FPR. If you have a MAF, you can recalibrate it for any injectors if you deicede to get different injectors later.

If my car was to be a car I took on the freeway everyday I'd get 3.55's. But mine only gets there occasionally so 3.73s are fine..

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS TW Heads, E-303, Edelbrock intake, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8 shorties, Off Road H, 3 Chamber flows, Jaz Race seats, Back seat removed, sub-frames, Roll Cage, and a 80 shot of N20.
12.54@107.4 Motor
332RWHP, 350rwtq
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 02:47 AM   #8
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

im leaning towards the 3.55 cuz i do take it on the freeway every day soo... um what size was the MAS air in my year supposed to be??? well umm cant think of any more q's...

so 65mm TB 3.55s new fuel pump and a chip

OHHHHHH who does DYNO tuning and stuff now who can burn me a chip around here now???