MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-20-2003, 07:46 AM   #1
mak375
Registered Member

Default weight reduction on a 94 cobra

im not looking to strip my car down to nothing, but i was wondering if there was one or two things that i could get aftermarket that would help weight alot, or help weight a little and some performance.

I hate these little rice burners with 4 cylinders and a turbo that put out less HP but since they weight almost nothing they fly.
steeda tri-ax, flowmaster catback, bassani x-pipe w/ high flow cats, MAC headers, ported and polished intake, trick flow twisted wedge heads, e303 cam, rear upper and lower control arms cold air induction w/ k&n air filter subframe connectors, underdrive pullies, MT ET streets, clear corners, chrome cobra r wheels
mak375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 09:55 AM   #2
Pyromaniac79
Registered Member

The only way that I know of to reduce weight other than the obvious (remove spare ,tire back seat, ect) is to get a tubular K-member, A arms, and coil overs, which will shave about 100lbs off, but it will cost about 1k. I would look at super chargers, I have been look at them for mine, and have found that the Kenne Bell, 6psi set up is nice. It will bolt right on with no modifications, go right where your GT40 upper goes, put on a longer belt and your done. It is worth about 115 HP and 120 Torque. Go to www.kennebell.net . Then find a place to get a custom chip burnt and you won't have a problem with ricers anymore.
Pyromaniac79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 10:20 AM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

You can remove

Front sway bar- It weighs about 20 lbs and the removal of it also helps in weight transfer wich yeilds a better 60ft.

Rear end weight-It weighs about 15 lbs and really doesnt serve a purpose.

Rear bumper- the rear bumper weighs a good 40+ lbs

Relocate battery to the rear- Doesnt save any weight but aids in weight transfer and traction.

Aluminum heads- This saves you about 25lbs per head

Aluminum driveshaft- The weight savings ios minimal but it does help you come off the line better.

manual steering rack- This saves you about 20 lbs and adds a few HP cause your engine no longer has to turn the power steerinf pump.

Thats it for now I am tired of typing
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote