MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-12-2002, 01:44 AM   #1
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Default headlights on the fritz, also ignition key cylinder problem

Well this evening I went out, started my car and put the lights on. I then noticed that the brights indicator on the dash was on and then i looked up and only had my right headlight on. I then pushed the lever to the brights position and the indicator got brighter and I only had the left headlight on and was very dim.

Also, for the past few months, when I turn my brights on the only one that works is the drivers side but both work with the dims on (I've tried a new bulb so its not that). So this may be related to my current problem.

After a few minutes of turning the lights on and off as well as the brights on and off, the problem went away and my lights were back to normal and have been for the rest of the night.

BUT as I'm leaving a friend's house I put my key in the ignition and it wouldn't turn either way. I moved the steering wheel around but no dice. Then after a few minutes of tugging at it, i was able to get it to start and then drove it home and parked it in the garage.

Now my question is, are these two things related in some way or is it one big coincidence.
I've heard people talking alot lately about the ignition switch recall, does this apply to my car and would it effect the lights and/or the ignition lock cylinder?

thanks for any help everyone,
-Drew
Old 04-12-2002, 02:03 AM   #2
94GTConv
Registered Member

I had the same thing happen with my brights. I flashed a light to get it to change and then the bright indicator was half on.
I replaced my right Xenon bulb with the stock one. Found out the bulb had busted.
Haven't had the problem since, but ever since then my lights flicker on and off after about 8 minutes of driving.
I can't figure out why.
Hope this helps lemme know if you find the solution.
94GTConv is offline   Reply With Quote